Pressing Info now at checkmyvinyl.com

jpw

checkmyvinyl.com has added a pressing information database to the site. Its still very much under active development so feedback to improve the experience is welcomed. Anyone can add and edit content as long as they have an account. As its still fairly new it isn't the be all end all source of information, yet. But during our early testing phases we've gotten some content added. Our current numbers are as follows:

artists: 2024 , Albums: 174, Individual Pressings: 310, Labels 1191.

Helps us grow it, and if you don't like something let us know so we can make it the best possible.

Also if you already use the site for your record list you can add items right from the pressing info page to your record list, great time saver.

http://www.checkmyvinyl.com/pressingdb

deadformat.net!

oh wait...

actually one of the chief complaints I have seen people have about deadformat is that they enter information and wait and wait and it doesn't go in forever if at all. this was made as a way for everyone to be able to see instant results from what they do and edit misinformation they see without having to contact someone about it. but good for you with your clever comment :)

deadformat.net!

oh wait...

actually one of the chief complaints I have seen people have about deadformat is that they enter information and wait and wait and it doesn't go in forever if at all. this was made as a way for everyone to be able to see instant results from what they do and edit misinformation they see without having to contact someone about it. but good for you with your clever comment :)

Yeah, I tried to add some stuff there twice (the same 7")... and nothing. It'd be nice to actually have a good place that you can edit, but I don't want to input a ton of stuff either. So that part sounds like a lot of work.

Edit: Are you going to make it so you can put up pictures?

at first it did seem like alot of work when I started entering stuff but then we had the "clone feature" added. it really saves a ton of time at least when it comes to different pressings of the same record. it can still be time consuming but a lot of time can be shaved off.

lets say you wanted to take on the task of entering in AM! reinventing axel rose... after you enter in the first one you can "clone" that entry to make more pressings of it. everything will come up all filled in for you and all you have to change would be what was different such as color, pressing # or whatever. it makes life so much easier.

oops, nvm just found the clone thing

yeah I have to say that of all the features this pressing database has I personally think the clone option is the best saving you a ton of time with multiple pressings of the same record

being able to pull info from the database straight to your record list is a close #2 but that obviously only benefits people that use CMV for their list.

ok so i think its dumb to have to list different covers in notes.

ive been adding I RISE and have just been adding presses for each different cover.

i think its dumb, because say someone looks at the pressings for one record, it says theres 4 colors, but in reality thers 4 colors, and maybe 6 different covers, so theres 6 different records in all.

also, its not adding all of the i rise records i added, wtf.

you can put the cover colors in the "color" section. I don't think there is anything that specifically says not to. I fixed your ones that were coming out blank, you found a bug. If you have quotes (") in your color field it causes things to break. I'll have to fix that.

hah thanks for fixing that stuff. ill make sure to not use quotes anymore.

did you change the split to say "i rise - split" instead of just "split"?

i felt that was unecessary because whoever comes to the i rise page, will already know that the split is an i rise split.

oh i see it was changed back.

also, what will you be doing if the band has multiple splits, like kill your idols, is it going to say "split" 10 times and you ahve to guess which is which? when i had added the split, i originally made it say "split w/ soul control" to avoid confusion in the future if they put out another split.

also, what will you be doing if the band has multiple splits, like kill your idols, is it going to say "split" 10 times and you ahve to guess which is which? when i had added the split, i originally made it say "split w/ soul control" to avoid confusion in the future if they put out another split.

The solution to that is being put in place right now. It'll basically be that if an album title is "Split" it will automatically append the band names to the front for the very reason that you mention.

The solution to that is being put in place right now. It'll basically be that if an album title is "Split" it will automatically append the band names to the front for the very reason that you mention.

awesome! im really gonna try to put a lot of press info on this website. after i finish i rise, im gona do crime in stereo.

using the tradelists seems too time consuming, so im gonna stick with howsyouredge for the ease of it.

the only other thing i had a problem with was that you have to click on the pressing to see how many there were, it would be way easier if you could include it in the color section. not saying i cant just type it there, but i have a feeling it will get deleted. but then again, once you click you get to see the pic of the record if someone uploaded it

the only other thing i had a problem with was that you have to click on the pressing to see how many there were, it would be way easier if you could include it in the color section. not saying i cant just type it there, but i have a feeling it will get deleted. but then again, once you click you get to see the pic of the record if someone uploaded it

I appreciate the suggestion, that is something that could be done in code. So long as the information exists in the "pressing" page all that information can be displayed in other places. I'll toy around with showing copies how you were talking about.