polk audio Speakers

Eh, anybody know anything 'bout 'em...I picked up a pair of bookshelf speakers in great shape at the Thrift Store saturday for $8 bucks...I purchased simply b/c they were extremely heavy...which I associate w/ a heavy magnet on the speakers...which from what I've heard (could be wrong) means higher quality?

if anybody could lemme know whether or not I picked up some heavy shitty speakers or at least moderately decent speakers...(havn't had a chance to hook 'em up yet)

i have a pair of polks right now. i think theyre really great and sound awesome. ive had them for a few years now and i havent blown them yet and have had no problems. my dad also only buys polk speakers for everything, home theatre, stero, etc. he researches everything extensively and refuses to buy anything other than top of the line equipment.

Just aheads up to poeple interested in maybe upgrading, Polk Audio sells refurbished products on ebay, which is where I got my Monitor 60s. The MSRP is $650/pair and I got mine direct from the factory for $300, not a scratch on them. I had to watch several auctions before I got a good price, but hey have tons of killer deals on ebay.

finally got to listen to these today...really really crisp and clear...but b/c they're just lil' bookshelf speakers they have little to no bass response...so I just hooked 'em up as the "rear" speakers for my 5 CH stereo on my crappy little Yamaha digital receiver and they definitely cleaned up the sound a good bit...wish I could find some decent floor speakers at the Thrift Store to upgrade from these cheap Kenwoods that I also picked up there