A little help

They are very different tables. I suggestion considering the following:

Do you have a phono input on your stereo?

Do you mind having to manually put the needle on and off the record?

Do you mind having to lift the platter to change from 33 to 45?

If you answered yes to those questions then you want the Denon. I had a similar table to the Pro-ject (a Music Hall MMF5), and taking the platter off to change the speed was maddening. Personally, I don't think the benefits of the Pro-ject is worth it's short comings. Other will disagree, I'm sure.

You can buy the automatic speed adjuster thing but that's a silly way to spend a couple hundred bucks for a feature that's pretty standard on most older tables.

I had one and I absolutely hated having to take the platter off all the time. F that. Luckily I got my Technics SL1200 or whatever fixed and was able to get rid of it.

I have the Denon 300F, in general I am pretty happy with it, and I primarily got it because it was the only midrange turntable I could afford that had an automatic tonearm. The one thing I don't like is that there is a tiny hum you can here when the platter is spinning before you play a record, but I have never noticed it while a record plays. I'm sure some crazy audiophile would freak out, but it is a definite improvement over the crappy Kenwood I had for years. I don't use the built-in pre-amp so I can't say anything about how that affects play.

I have the Denon 300F, in general I am pretty happy with it, and I primarily got it because it was the only midrange turntable I could afford that had an automatic tonearm. The one thing I don't like is that there is a tiny hum you can here when the platter is spinning before you play a record, but I have never noticed it while a record plays. I'm sure some crazy audiophile would freak out, but it is a definite improvement over the crappy Kenwood I had for years. I don't use the built-in pre-amp so I can't say anything about how that affects play.

The hum sounds like a grounding issue. Should be easy enough to rectify.

The hum sounds like a grounding issue. Should be easy enough to rectify.

oh oh how can I fix that? I got bad buzzing these days.

Well, there's no grounding on your table, which sucks.

What you can try to do is invert the plug of either your table or your stereo (or preamp depending on what it plugs into). By invert, I mean pull out the plug, flip it over and plug it back in the opposite way. This may help if there's a ground looping. Let me know if that helps.

What you can try to do is invert the plug of either your table or your stereo (or preamp depending on what it plugs into). By invert, I mean pull out the plug, flip it over and plug it back in the opposite way. This may help if there's a ground looping. Let me know if that helps.

well my preamp has a little grounding claw that I think I just kinda left hanging, guess I will go in and screw it to the metal box like I should have.

I will also try your suggestion, thanks!!!

well my preamp has a little grounding claw that I think I just kinda left hanging, guess I will go in and screw it to the metal box like I should have.

I will also try your suggestion, thanks!!!

Screw that in and see if that helps first. If not, try to flip the plug.