I am Overwhelmed Vinyl Collective Update

Guest admin1338560633

I had really hoped to post this update on Monday, but my day began with our landlord telling me that we were getting a delivery in the back of the warehouse. I thought man that is weird that UPS is here so early. I walk to the back and notice that it isn't UPS, it is a freight company bringing us 4 more pallets of vinyl. I knew we were getting a big delivery this week but it isn't the best way to start a Monday. We had to do some serious re-arranging to fit all the boxes into our warehouse moving boxes onto a newly built shelf. Without that shelf and one I bought last week, we would surely be screwed.

I guess you can say that I am feeling overwhelmed at the thought of trying to fit a week's worth of work in 3 days. Andy, Caroline, Geoff, Ethan, Joey, Zach and myself will be flying out early on Thursday morning to join Ninja Gun for some South Georgia fun. The next morning, we will be heading out to No Idea Records to pick up a shit ton of boxes for the Flea Market. Please buy stuff from us as we don't want to go home with all that stuff.

Alright, here is a quick recap of things to expect this week:

* We just got in Avail "Over the James", "4 AM Friday", and "Dixie", A Life Once Lost "Iron Gag", the Gaslight Anthem's "sink or swim demos", IMadeThisMistake t-shirts, and Dead to Me's new EP. Expect photos as soon as today, and know that it is our goal to get these pre-orders out by week's end. We are still playing catchup from all the Deluxe Sets and pre-orders from last week, but Josh and Marshall will still be kicking ass while we are at the Fest.

* When I was planning on posting this update on Monday, I was planning on posting the pre-order for 2 new records on Tuesday, Kid Dynamite's "Cheap Shots, Youth Anthems" LP, and Dear and the Headlights' "Small Steps, Heavy Hooves" dbl LP. Since this update is a day late, we will post the pre-order for both records on Wednesday. Our friends Zach and Joey started a new label, Clay Street Records and these are their first 2 releases. Both records are being pressed out of an edition of 1,000 copies (300/700). Let's do 2pm Mountain Standard time on Wednesday.

* After tons of email and lots of thought, I have decided to post some of the Delicious Vinyl Fest LPs for sale in our store. I wanted to offer something really cool for the Fest, but I realize that a lot of vinyl collectors will not be able to make it out to the Fest and should be entitled to a copy. That said, I will post a small number of records in the store and may just post them for pre-order on Wednesday, too. And we will be posting the LP for free download on our site this week. We just love the songs, saw that No Idea posted a free sampler, and thought why the hell not.

* We will also post a pre-order for the debut single by the Takers. I will give you a proper introduction and explain why everyone should know about this band. The 2 song single will be pressed in an edition of 500 copies (150/350). Let me just say quickly that I have no problem proclaiming the Takers Suburban Home's Outlaw Country band.

* The pallets we got in was supposed to have Portugal the Man's "Censored Colors". They didn't so we expect those to show up any day now and hope to send them out by week's end. I can't wait to see the final package.

* We will be posting a bunch of restocks and new records this week. Just got in the new Anchor Arms, Luquid Limbs, and more.

I think that is it for now. I will be posting a Fest update later this week to let everyone know what to expect at our Flea Market booth and some of the bands we are excited to see at the Fest.