Vinyl Collective / Suburban Home at the Fest!

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

We will soon be on a plane to Atlanta, Georgia where we will be picking up a rental car and heading down to Valdosta to visit Ninja Gun. They have promised to show us around their neck of the woods and that night we will be sleeping in their double wide (they call it the Trailer of Tears). Coody has told me that they plan on recording a hit record tomorrow night with their home recording gear. Should be cool.

We will then wake our asses up at 8am in the morning (wouldn't be early for most folks, but we will more than likely be up til 4am) to drive down to Gainesville to pick up some goods at No Idea headquarters. Once we have picked up our goods, we will be heading over to the Holiday Inn to set up and sling our wares to all the good folks at the Fest Flea Market. We have a friend bringing a cooler and we plan to stop at the liquor store to get a couple hundred PBR's with the intention of pitting friends against each other for the First Annual Shotgunning Beers' competition. Winners wil get free Shotgunators and maybe a deal on some records. I might even challenge some of the faster shotgunners as I think I am pretty fucking fast!

We will have lots and lots of records, a new Vinyl Collective T-shirt, VC/SH beer coozies, Shotgunators, CD Samplers and more at the Market. Please buy something because the more we buy, the less we have to ship back. Regarding the Delicious Vinyl FREE Fest LP, we will give away one to each person who buys something. We will also have all of our bands that are playing giving them away with their purchases, too, but each act will only have around 25 copies each.

Speaking of our bands, we have some good news and some bad news. Bad News first, Mike Hale and Ghost Buffalo both had to bail out of this year's Fest. I am very sorry to have to tell you this, but circumstances beyond both's control made it to where they had to cancel. We will miss you Mike Hale and Ghost Buffalo. We will do our best to get them out there next year. Since Mike will be M.I.A., In the Red will also now not be playing. The good news though is that we still have Drag the River, Austin Lucas, Two Cow Garage, Josh Small, The Takers, and Ninja Gun all playing. Please mark down the following times of our bands:

Friday October 31st

Ninja Gun - 8:50-9:20 @ Common Grounds

Sunday November 2nd

Josh Small - 3:20-3:50 @ Common Grounds

Austin Lucas - 4:00-4:30 @ Common Grounds

The Takers - 5:40-6:10 @ Common Grounds

Two Cow Garage - 8:10-8:40 @ Common Grounds

Drag The River - 9:00-10:00 @ Common Grounds

I urge you all to attend. I know there are a lot of bands playing at the same time and many of them are amazing, but we really hope you all consider seeing our bands.

For those that Twitter, please keep tabs on our whereabouts on our Twitter page

http://twitter.com/suburbanhome. I will also be bringing my pocket video camera and will be sending videos to Ralph each day to post on our Youtube page http://youtube.com/suburbanhome. If I have the ability to do so, I will also be making posts and updating the site, but I don't want to get too ambitious.

I am beyond excited for this trip and I hope to meet every single one of you while there. If you catch me at 2am and I am looking vacant, please re-introduce yourself to me at an earlier hour. Also in our crew, we have Andy and Caroline from Suburban Home, Geoff from Fun is OK, Joey and Zach from Clay Street Records, and Ethan who isn't from anything but is a bad ass dude. If you see any or all of us, please say hi and don't be afraid to get us a beer. See all of you very soon.