leaving everything

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

stick it out with school. it'd be a shame to drop out THIS close to finishing a semester. talk it over with your parents, they will be harsh and honest and push you to what you don't want to do but they are your parents and thats their job. if you're really struggling that badly, and it sounds like you are, every school offers a health program and i'd recommend going to them and talking to someone. i did it, and it helped me immensely.

stick it out with school. it'd be a shame to drop out THIS close to finishing a semester. talk it over with your parents, they will be harsh and honest and push you to what you don't want to do but they are your parents and thats their job. if you're really struggling that badly, and it sounds like you are, every school offers a health program and i'd recommend going to them and talking to someone. i did it, and it helped me immensely.

Good advice, man.

Guest genericinsight

Adam, seeing as how I've been in exactly the same position as you, I hear you. I wanted to do the exact same thing you're thinking of doing (oddly enough, it happened last year after I came back from Fest too).

I do recommend traveling and quitting school. School, you can always go back, I've done it. Traveling is more or less the only thing that makes me feel sane.

I don't know how I feel about squatting, but honestly, I don't see the harm in TRYING something. If you feel it's not right for you, you don't have to stick with it. It's your life and you're in charge of your own path to take.

Not many people will agree with the advice I'm giving you, but it's easy to say not to do something when you haven't been dealt the same hand in life. What works well for someone else may not work the same for you.

Good luck dude. Feel free to hit me up on AIM if you need to talk or whatever (if you get a chance to be on the computer at any point).

Guest genericinsight

I think its pretty sad that Adam seems to be having legit problems and everyone is shitting all over him, regardless of if you agree with how he wants to handle it or not.

I mean, honestly, at least he's trying to do something that will make him happy as opposed to sitting around wallowing in self-pity. It's not like the thread says his life isn't worth living anymore.

Guest genericinsight
It's not like the thread says his life isn't worth living anymore.

No, he just wants to run away from his problems. Totally a more acceptable solution.

Sometimes staying at home trying to solve your problems makes things worse. I don't see anything wrong with him wanting to do what makes him happy, ESPECIALLY while he's still young. And even if it doesn't, he can always go back and find something else.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying running away from your problems will automatically solve them, I'm just a firm believer in taking the road YOU the individual feels is best to solve them.

so he leaves everything behind, what about everyone it affects? I guess they don't matter at all, huh? what baout his friends and family? what kind of an impact will his decisions have upon them? how will they handle it? Dropping out of school, thats one thing, running away and "travelling", thats another. Have you ever had someone in your family disappear? I have, its not cool at all. And you know what? It did nothing to help them out at all, when they came back they still had the same shit they had when they left.

No, he just wants to run away from his problems. Totally a more acceptable solution.

Sometimes staying at home trying to solve your problems makes things worse. I don't see anything wrong with him wanting to do what makes him happy, ESPECIALLY while he's still young. And even if it doesn't, he can always go back and find something else.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying running away from your problems will automatically solve them, I'm just a firm believer in taking the road YOU the individual feels is best to solve them.

True story, if you have problems leaving won't fix them. Moving away won't fix them. Chances are, many of your problems (as they are with most people) are created by yourself or at least directly influenced by your decisions. Running off and squatting and ruining your future because you can't handle what life throws at you is a bullshit, idiot way to fix things.

All running away will do, is make it easier to get up and run the next time, until you've officially made an entire life out of not handling shit because it's "better" to run off.

Whatever, I'm sure no one has had it as hard as Adam or ever had the amount of pressure or mental disorders or whatever. He's a unique snowflake and obviously knows what's best for his life.

I think its pretty sad that Adam seems to be having legit problems and everyone is shitting all over him, regardless of if you agree with how he wants to handle it or not.

I mean, honestly, at least he's trying to do something that will make him happy as opposed to sitting around wallowing in self-pity. It's not like the thread says his life isn't worth living anymore.

But you have to realize it's a forum, a place where things aren't taken seriously (unless its some D&D forum or something). I don't discuss things in my personal life hear cause why would I tell people on teh internetz. Its just stupid.

Guest genericinsight

But you have to realize it's a forum, a place where things aren't taken seriously (unless its some D&D forum or something). I don't discuss things in my personal life hear cause why would I tell people on teh internetz. Its just stupid.

You make it sound like we aren't real people here though.

Dante - I'm curious, what makes you think that just if Adam chooses to go squat it'll "ruin his life"? How do you know he won't decide somewhere down the road it's not for him and he'll go back to "regular" life.

For what it's worth, I've known quite a few people who've chosen to be homeless for a time and still had jobs, and then later on changed their minds.

People can make THEIR OWN LIFE DECISIONS. Choosing to be homeless is far from the worst "life ruining" decision you can make. Don't be so certain he'll ruin his life, he can always go and change it down the road if he feels its not right for him. Last I checked, we humans all had free will.

You make it sound like we aren't real people here though.

Dante - I'm curious, what makes you think that just if Adam chooses to go squat it'll "ruin his life"? How do you know he won't decide somewhere down the road it's not for him and he'll go back to "regular" life.

For what it's worth, I've known quite a few people who've chosen to be homeless for a time and still had jobs, and then later on changed their minds.

People can make THEIR OWN LIFE DECISIONS. Choosing to be homeless is far from the worst "life ruining" decision you can make. Don't be so certain he'll ruin his life, he can always go and change it down the road if he feels its not right for him. Last I checked, we humans all had free will.

Sure, lots of people who can make their own life decisions choose to announce it on message boards and ask peoples opinions (or in this case, to talk them out of it or encourage them). Sounds reasonable.

And I'm not talking about being homeless, I'm talking about dodging life problems by taking the easy way out (yes being homeless is the easy way out).

Guest genericinsight

People here vent about all sorts of personal things, I fail to see how different this is.

I don't get how you're saying that just because he posted about this here, does it automatically mean he's just looking for attention? Even if he is, its clear he's not getting support or sympathy at home from family and friends which is perhaps why he's resorted to the internet. You make it seem like we're really all strangers here when a large number of us have already met and hung out.

ps, Dante, if this thread is just going to result in us arguing again, I'm done.