paper sleeve

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anybody can tell me where i can buy white paper sleeve ?

most of my collection has torn paper sleeve and it bigger when a time passed....

dont use paper sleeves. get polylined paper sleeves (ebay usually has loads) or nagoaka type sleeves - http://store.securehosting.com/stores/sh204131/shophome.php?itemprcd=lpinners

anybody can tell me where i can buy white paper sleeve ?

most of my collection has torn paper sleeve and it bigger when a time passed....

dont use paper sleeves. get polylined paper sleeves (ebay usually has loads) or nagoaka type sleeves - http://store.securehosting.com/stores/sh204131/shophome.php?itemprcd=lpinners

Could you school some of us collection n00bs a little and tell us why we should use polylined sleeves instead of paper?

theres the acidity issue with paper and the friction that is created when the record is removed from the paper sleeve. this friction creates static electricity which attracts dust and particles to the vinyl. the plastic sleeves negate this by allowing the record to slide out without friction, thus not allowing dust and particles to scratch the surface. this can help to extend the life and the sound quality of the record.

theres the acidity issue with paper and the friction that is created when the record is removed from the paper sleeve. this friction creates static electricity which attracts dust and particles to the vinyl. the plastic sleeves negate this by allowing the record to slide out without friction, thus not allowing dust and particles to scratch the surface. this can help to extend the life and the sound quality of the record.

I'm never buying paper sleeves again.

thats something that i have done with my collection and personally, i would recommend it to anyone with record collections they love. the plastic sleeves fit inside the paper ones that normally come with LPs and also fit inside the lyric insert-type sleeves.

nagaoka no.102 are usually regarded as the highest quality sleeves you can get. they have rounded bottoms that fit 12" records perfectly.

thats something that i have done with my collection and personally, i would recommend it to anyone with record collections they love. the plastic sleeves fit inside the paper ones that normally come with LPs and also fit inside the lyric insert-type sleeves.

nagaoka no.102 are usually regarded as the highest quality sleeves you can get. they have rounded bottoms that fit 12" records perfectly.

okay cool, thanks for the advice. can you put a link to where you buy them?

so basically what you're all saying is to take your records out of the paper sleeve or lyric insert and put them in a replacement plastic sleeve?

yes, palstic sleeves or polylined ones, that are sleeves made of paper on the outside and thin plastic on the inside. i prefer the polylined ones to the plastic ones.

but i can't believe you didn't know about all this stuff...

so basically what you're all saying is to take your records out of the paper sleeve or lyric insert and put them in a replacement plastic sleeve?

yes, palstic sleeves or polylined ones, that are sleeves made of paper on the outside and thin plastic on the inside. i prefer the polylined ones to the plastic ones.

to be very honest i've just gotten into vinyl within the past month. and yes i've read about it but i just wanted to ask what you guys do.

okay cool, thanks for the advice. can you put a link to where you buy them?

i know of places in the UK to get them:

http://www.britishaudio.co.uk/

http://www.noteworthyaudio.co.uk/Accessories.html

http://www.mickandviv.com/hifiaccessories.htm

but i would do a google search in the US for "nagaoka sleeves" and see what comes up.

Guest scriptedrain

I keep my records in the paper sleeve they came in, which is in the artwork, which is in an outer sleeve. I didn't realize that the paper sleeves they come in are bad. Do any labels use the good / "Nagaoka" ones right off the bat?

to be very honest i've just gotten into vinyl within the past month. and yes i've read about it but i just wanted to ask what you guys do.

no problem dude :) i'm not either a vinyl guru anyway!

my unique problem is that getting all that stuff (gonna need some boxes too) shipped from the US, costs me tons of bucks.

I keep my records in the paper sleeve they came in, which is in the artwork, which is in an outer sleeve. I didn't realize that the paper sleeves they come in are bad. Do any labels use the good / "Nagaoka" ones right off the bat?

japanese labels use them - inoxia is the big one that springs to mind