paper sleeve

Guest scriptedrain

I just Image Googled "nagaoka sleeve" and realized that one record I own came with this type of sleeve: the "Mallrats" soundtrack.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep my records in the paper sleeve they came in, which is in the artwork, which is in an outer sleeve. I didn't realize that the paper sleeves they come in are bad. Do any labels use the good / "Nagaoka" ones right off the bat?

i guess they cost too much.

try some of the UK sites listed earlier. might be cheaper for you.

I've thought about picking these up before, but have never done it. Maybe this spring will be the time? I didn't know that the paper could scratch the vinyl. Sounds kind of dumb that they would use paper sleeves if they are known for scratching what they are suppose to protect.

comes down to costs man. its far cheaper to supply paper sleeves than the plastic ones. it's kinda ironic that the small record label would love to supply the plastic sleeves but cant afford them even though they care so much about their music whereas the big companies only give a shit about the bottom line and wont fork out for the more expensive plastic sleeves. therefore we all lose out.

cynical of me i know, but i;m a cynical guy whos gotta fork out £15 ($30) for 50 sleeves coz no bastard will supply them with the records i buy...

i use VRP inner sleeves similar to these

http://www.sleevetown.com/lp-sleeves-inner.shtml

a few years back, the Tower Records near me had 30 packs (with 10 sleeves in each pack) clearance priced at $0.49 each. no one else was buying them so i bought the lot.

yeah, those are the roundbottom ones that i use. i like them the best because you can stick them inside the paper sleeves and get the best of both worlds.

i buy polylined sleeves at Cheapo for 7" and 12", as well as those jacket dustsleeves... although, I bought a pack of 100 of each back in a record convention in Montreal and I'm still good on these

Virgil has been generous enough to send his 10" already in dust sleeves, but I still have a few laying around.

you dont use the bagunlimited ones?

i like the roundbottom because i can slip them inside the paper sleeves, thus combining the [albeit slightly] sturdier protection of the paper sleeve with the non-scratching, anti-static plastic inner

this is what you get with a polylined sleeve, just you have one sleeve instead of two.

yeah but with the roundbottom inners, it ends up being cheaper because i can still use the paper inner that came with the record, instead of having to buy more expensive polylined sleeves to replace the whole thing.