Chicago Record Stores

I noticed there was a similar one like this for Denver, but I'll be in Chicago for one day (2/2) for the Hot Water Music/Able Baker Fox/Lucero show at the Metro. My bus will drop me off in Chicago early around 2:30 and the show doesn't start until 6:00.

I'm looking for any record stores worth checking out with a decent vinyl selection around The Metro:

3730 N Clark St

Chicago, IL 60613

I appreciate any advice/direction!

Thanks!

the metro used to have its own kinda record store but I think they shut it down

Yeah, it used to be Clubhouse Records (which was awesome), then they closed and Metro opened their own store in there which was way overpriced, then that shut down and now they just use that room to sell merch and concert posters in.

It's already been mentioned above, but Reckless is awesome.

Do take the L.

Reckless has three locations, Lakeview,Wicker Park and a new one in the Loop. They are definitely the best show in town. Prices have been going up in the past year, but they are still very reasonable and a solid shop with by far the best used inventory in the city. I would recommend doing a tour of all three shops and you'll come out with some great stuff.

Dusty Groove is a great shop too, tops in the country in their specialties, but may not be your thing.

Permanent Records at 1914 W. Chicago Ave is new and pretty impressive for having just opened in 2007. Dave's at 2604 N. Clark can also have some good finds.

There are a few others, but I'm pretty sure these will be closest to what you are looking for.