anyone ever had their paypal hacked?

Yesterday, I had like 20 charges all made within like 2 min to a fake Skype account, ( I don't and have never used/heard of Skype)

All of it was sent to EU, and converted to Euros.

My checking account and 2 credit cards were tied to the account.

Supposedly, paypal is reversing the charges, and said I should have my money back in 3-5 business days.

(obviously I took all the security precautions, to keep it from happening again)

It overdrew my one of my credit cards, and everything is frozen. Bank account, credit cards etc.

It's supposed to be unfrozen in 3-5 business days.

Has this ever happened to anyone? If so was your money in fact refunded?

Also right before, I had transferred our digital account sales to our paypal, and we never receieved it. I am guessing it got intercepted or something?

This has the potential (worse case scenario) to put us out of business (as far as new releases) for several months.

not to sound like a pussy, but I'm scared :-[

No, but some asswipe in LA, which I've never been to, somehow used my debit card to buy a grand or two worth of shit from Wal-Mart, which I never shop at. The money was my college roommate's collective rent for the month, so we were late on it, which never ended up biting us in the ass, but I was nervous it would. Everything worked out, but that was the nail in the coffin for my business with HSBC. I fuckin' hate that bank, especially their web banking.

No, but some asswipe in LA, which I've never been to, somehow used my debit card to buy a grand or two worth of shit from Wal-Mart, which I never shop at. The money was my college roommate's collective rent for the month, so we were late on it, which never ended up biting us in the ass, but I was nervous it would. Everything worked out, but that was the nail in the coffin for my business with HSBC. I fuckin' hate that bank, especially their web banking.

People suck,

or to quote "The Spears" "People are Bad"

jailhouse, the crux cd showed up last week. thanks a lot. it sounded really good. any idea when the next club release is coming out?

Hopefully asap.

We have a new distibution deal, so that delays things a tad.

But... We are going through Prarie Cat Mastering and Rainbo pressing for the next several releases, which seems to be a winning combo, quality plus quicker turnaround. So as of now it looks like Feb/March for the club releases, and June/July for the street date.

Maybe sooner for the club release, so you guys will actually get yours like 5 months or so before anyone else.

A split with new material will be out around the same time, maybe April though, and then the new studio full lenth in May/June.

Lots of shit in 09

9 new studio releases, plus about 4 represses.

Right now this fucking paypal thing is holding up a final payment before a certain release can be shipped :(

dude, this exact same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. it took out about $80. i filed the claims with paypal and got it all back earlier this week. i was pretty pissed. fuck you skype.

somehow an automatic billing was set up, even though i never agreed to anything nor heard of them. but i went through my account and canceled that and then filed the claim. hopefully it all works out for you.

wow fuck that. i've always been so scared that this would happen to me, but luckily i really only keep a minimal amount of money in the bank account that's tied to my paypal (most because i'm poor since i spend all my money immediately on vinyl, not because i'm smart about online banking or whatever...)

regardless, hope it turns out well for you. it would be a shame to see your label go under (even if just for a little while) because some jackoff screwed you over.

jailhouse, the crux cd showed up last week. thanks a lot. it sounded really good. any idea when the next club release is coming out?

That cd is actually coming out in 09 for retail as well, (obviously with better packaging and artwork)

Those were short run dup's you guys got, /100

i got mine like 2 weeks ago. its a great cd. is the regular print gonna be the same tracklisting?

Something similar happened to me. Someone hacked my ebay,email and paypal.(I was stupid for having the same password for all). They purchased a mp3 player and had it sent to somewhere in thailand. They even went into my email and deleted all the ebay notifications. I contacted ebay, paypal and even the ebay seller. I ended up getting all my money back within two weeks. Just a shitty thing to have to deal with and I think the seller lost out on his item.