Looking through old distro catalogs

rtw88

I love looking at old catalogs!

all the good shit that just came out. I also like looking at records that NEVER came out.

like the Pantro UK United 13/Wardance Orange split 8" on No Idea.

Yeah, I've got a No Idea catalog that says there was supposed to be a twelve hour turn/small brown bike split which would have been sick. I also have one that is probably 8 years old, and mentions the twelve hour turn collection cd which is still on no ideas upcoming releases.

i have the twelve hour turn songs that were going to be on this (alt versions of "water under bridges rise" + "don't let the music die"), but sbb never got around to recording stuff for it.

this would have been an awesome record, for sure.

those alternate versions gonna be on the collection CD?

I hold out hope that will be released eventually.

I remember seeing 12HrTurn and SBB on that tour. I was so stoked for that split.

yeah, they should be on the collection, but they don't really sound that different at all. there are some other recorded versions of songs that will be on it, so it may be weird to have 2 different versions of 2 songs on a 20 song collection, i don't know.

i'm still trying to convince them to release the collection on vinyl too, and hopefully i will have my hand in that.

i'll post any news.

I saved a few of the old catalogs and fliers that came with records. Recently, I found the old Edison Records flier, some old Dischord stuff, SST, and this thing that Hydra Head used to send out. That last one was taking orders for the Cave In 'Until Your Heart Stops' LP and Botch's 'We Are the Romans.'

I love looking through old crap like this. I wish I had saved more of it.

Also the same for old zines. It's cool when I read reviews for demos or 7"s of band that are huge now and weren't then, and seeing what the reviewer has to say. Also, I think it's the no idea zine with the 2xLP comp that I saw had an ad for Post Marked Stamps for $30 or something. There's so much stuff I missed out on.

Also the same for old zines. It's cool when I read reviews for demos or 7"s of band that are huge now and weren't then, and seeing what the reviewer has to say. Also, I think it's the no idea zine with the 2xLP comp that I saw had an ad for Post Marked Stamps for $30 or something. There's so much stuff I missed out on.

Agreed. I really wish I had saved those old zines.

My favorite was the Second Nature zine that Dan put out. I learned about so much amazing new music just from flipping through that. I bought 'forever and Counting', my first HWM record, based on that zine's review.