New from Rob's House Records

hickey

good afternoon,

we got three new records available for preorder....they should start shipping in about a week. for the 7"s, all black vinyl has been reserved for distros and we only have the limited versions. one per customer please. if you order more we'll have to cancel the order. for the LPs, order as many as you like but we'll only be able to include one limited version and the rest will be black vinyl.

here's the goods:

rhr045: Black Lips / Carbonas / Gentleman Jesse / Predator 7" - Live at Rob's House (w/ DVD)

after three years of regular house shows and 4 live 7"s, the satuday afternoon showcases hosted at rob's house have become somewhat of an atlanta staple. rob's house hosted the last of its house shows in july 2008 and this 7" features one track from each of the four bands that played that day. its the end of an era for rob's house and we cut no corners to make this release a celebration of our time at the house. the 7" features two unreleased tracks, comes housed in a hand-numbered gatefold sleeve and includes a professionally shot dvd of the entire show.

[1318 pressed; 1118 black vinyl, 200 white vinyl]

track listing: MIA (black lips), day turns to night (carbonas), the rest of my days (gentlman jesse), little prince (predator).

rhr046: The Weakends - S/T LP

the weakends are back with the follow-up to their debut 7", and this time it's with a long-player that finds its home a bit more on the blues-punk side of the no-fi french underground. they are banging away, singing through broken PA's, sounding like a way cooler hot rod, 50's, b-movie band then you ever remember, or they sound like what those bands should have sounded like, but they were too self aware or just never that good. Tour with Black Lips for early next year in the works??

[1000 pressed, 900 black vinyl, 100 white vinyl]

track listing: long dead gone, devil by my side, arty party, heatwave, slow down & low, one pill to survive, desperate love blues, wild type, dawn of the dead, time is tight, back from the rave, wisdom teeth.

rhr047: Jacuzzi Boys 7" - I Fought a Crocodile

miami, florida's eerie and alluring jacuzzi boys [website] float on a hot cloud of misty and hypnotic grooves that suck you into their morbid world of jangling, distant guitars overlaid with ghostly chants that swell and recede like the sands of time slowly slipping through your tarnished soul. with a rollicking beat that sticks to your ribs and forces you to look deep within yourself for the answers to life's toughest questions, jacuzzi boys have that magical "something" that you'll feel the first time you hear them. [600 pressed; 500 black vinyl, 100 colored vinyl]

side a: i fought a crocodile. side b: blowin' kisses.

order now at http://www.robshouserecords.com

thanks!

so mad I missed the last live at robs house record!!!

I thought he made a mistake, they never sell out that fast, but I guess they only kept the limited versions this time around.... Stickfigure distrib will have copies for sure, they get all Robs House Releases. Direct link below.

http://stickfig1.securesites.net/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id=1123

BTW, I posted about this a a month ago on my site so grab the RSS feed if this kinda thing is your thing and you want a head up.

http://www.limitededitionvinyl.com/2008/live-at-robs-house-the-final-show-7-dvd/