Hawaii - records, shows, anything cool - help!

Today, as it began to blizzard, I decided to buy a plane ticket to Hawaii for three weeks, just for the fuck of it. Does anyone have any info on record stores there (Oahu, Maui or the Big Island) or of any bands or shows or anything interesting someone should keep an eye out for?

Any local beers that are good/bad/ugly?

Damn Im jealous. I love Hawaii.

You just missed NOFX. I saw that they just played a couple shows on Oahu within the last couple days.

That Pipeline Cafe in, I think, Honolulu is where all the bands play when they tour over there.

:(

But thanks.

Its Hawaii dude! You could do nothing for 3 weeks over there and have an amazing time.

Rent one of those mo-peds over on Oahu in Waikiki or Honolulu and cruise around. Those things are a lot of fun.

I've searched for record stores on Oahu (been there 4 times in the past year for work), and have always come up short. I'm not sure any exist. As for beers, I like the Kona Brewing Co. beers, I wanna say the one I like is called Longboard. Also, you gotta get some Kahlua pig at L & L or Bob's.

Awesome everyone... thanks much for your help.

Obviously I am going to be spending most of my time driving mopeds (boyhood dream!), swimming with dolphins and whatnot. But, as a collector, I just can't help but look out for record stores/records.

This is why there needs to be a website like deadformat, except instead of pressing info you upload info about record stores and can do searches by country/states, etc.

what are you planning to do for accommodations while you are there?

Have a cheap hotel for the first few days in Honolulu, after that, on a different island, possibly renting a car and sleeping in it. The Big Island looks like it has some hilarious hippy type places to crash for cheap. Found something on Craig's List where you can sleep in a VW van for $50. Ha.

I haven't been to Maui or Honolulu in a long time but you should try and go to Kaua'i. It's by far the most beautiful island although it's a lot more remote. I spent a week there this summer and a friend of mine lives on the island. It was one of the best things I've ever done.

And for cheap places to stay, look on www.hostelworld.com for hostels. They can't be that expensive.