Variations of Avail Who´s to say 7"

frank

Since there are a lot of Avail/Tim Barry fans on this board, I thought I´d share this:

So a friend gave me a copy on clear gold and I was supposed to give him my black copy for it. I knew there was also a black press with a slightly different sleeve (blue ink and different lettering).

But when I compared the gold copy to my black one I noticed that there is yet another, third version of the sleeve.

Rumours are that there is also a red vinyl version of this, but I´ve never seen one yet.

Anyone got infos or pressing numbers for this?

[image]

[image]

[image]

Frank, as far as I know it looks like you have all the variations. I too have heard about one on red vinyl on Inner Ear Records, right? I only have the blue ink one, and for some reason I think this is the first press... not sure on that one. I also have an insert in my copy. If any body has one of the first two (the gold vinyl & the black ink sleeve) I will trade (or pay) very well for either of these.

This is what mine looks like:

[image]

I don't know if I have the monkey stamp on the back of the insert.

Frank, as far as I know it looks like you have all the variations. I too have heard about one on red vinyl on Inner Ear Records, right? I only have the blue ink one, and for some reason I think this is the first press... not sure on that one. I also have an insert in my copy. If any body has one of the first two (the gold vinyl & the black ink sleeve) I will trade (or pay) very well for either of these.

I don't know if I have the monkey stamp on the back of the insert.

Seth, you really think the red one´s on Inner Ear records? Not on Sun Spot? I thought Inner Ear was just the studio where they recorded the record?

We should do a detailled discography for Avail, there are so many almost unknown releases with so many variations