Dominic Mallary R.I.P.

andywax

Really really good band, i remember when the person who released thier 7" posted the pre-order here (sorry ive forgotten his/your name) i took a listen to the tracks on their myspace not expecting much but holy shit, it was the first time in a year or two that i had actually got siked on listening to a hardcore band i hadn't heard before. And considering how bitter i got on HC for a while, partly due to a few things getting to me about the scene etc here, even to the point of selling all of my HC records..it really is a great compliment

I hope other feel the same way about their demo/7" tracks because they are truely great songs.

Rip dude

what's a next plan of last light,andywax and supchillinyou ?

RJ (supchillinyou?) has a repress of the Last Lights 7" in the works, and Neutral Territory has a split 7" that should be out toward the end of next month.

I encourage everyone to download Last Light's demo here.

the re-pressing will be out later this month. all the profits are going to be donated either to his family or wherever they want the money to go. I'll post on here when the records are finished.

Guest genericinsight

WHOA. Dom emailed me twice a couple weeks ago asking me to set a show up for them and I couldn't do it. I was going to go see them on the 3rd and apologize profusely, he seemed like such a nice guy even via email. I guess that's not happening anymore.

I didn't know the kid but I genuinely am tearing up. A stroke at age 24? Oh my god... that's awful.

What's the deal with the band now? Breaking up I'm assuming or taking a break at the very least (and then finding a new vocalist)?

Guest xsteponmex

Life will never be the same with out Dominic, we all know this. Below is a message that we NEED everyone to read, and resend to Andrew W. K. My boyfriend always told me that at his funeral he wanted AWK to be there. AWK was like a hero to Dominic, and since he requested this, as his best friends and as his love, we feel that it is but our duty to make this happen. Below is the message that We have sent to him, but we need everyone else to send him messages too, saying things that will make him come to MA this week and be with us through this tough time.

EVERYONE needs to help with this, it is what dominic wanted and it is what he will have. It is really important you do this. Just look up andrew w.k.'s myspace, its easy to find. and BOMBARD him with messages about this. Please friends, We must do this for Dom.

The Message we sent:

Dear Mr K,

If you've never heard of Dominic Owen Mallary, you are about to.

As we all mourn the death of our dearest friend, we all cannot help but remember his last wish: to see you play at his funeral. Therefore, in the spirit of partying as hard as possible, we are going to bombard you with any and all forms of communication possible in order to obtain your presence at this monumental occassion.

Our friend died doing what he loved the most, and that was playing his music for the world. While loading out after a show at which he gave every last ounce of his energy, a blood clot sustained during the performance moved into his brain and sadly ended his life. Therefore, it is our absolute responsibility now to carry out his last wishes.

Having you play there is everything he has ever wanted. Well, we will probably have a moonwalk too.

We can supply any and all forms of transportation, any money needed to bring you here, any food, equipment, any roadies, anything, but you will certainly want to bring a whole hell of a lot of your favorite beer.

This is important to us, as it was important to the greatest, most inspiring friend we've ever had, and we will follow this request through as hard as we possibly can, because when it's time to party, we will always party hard.

The funeral is this coming Thursday, December 11th, 2008. This will be in central Massachusetts.

My name is Jay. Dominic has been my best friend since childhood. You can call me at 978-618-2072 anytime, I do not sleep. You can also call his girlfriend, Angela, at 508-272-6368.

You can also post back to the myspace pages for any of the following bands:

-Last Lights

-God and Country

-Eva Braun

-The Mount Doom

-Haunted like a House

-Abortion Clinic

-Sulteric

-Tell it to the Forest

-Hell is Empty

(These were all bands in which Dominic was a member or the founder)

Most likely, you'll hear from a few other people about this.

We sincerely hope to see you there, and look forward to partying hard with you.