Show us your vinyl bargains ...include pics

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest noeffinidea
In terms of being worth the most money and purchased for cheap...Propagandhi - Today's Empires Tomorrow's Ashes RED $5.99

[image]

If I was in the record store where you bought this at the time, I think it might have come to fisticuffs. (Did you pick this up at Vinyl Fever?)

Haha, yes sir I did. Vinyl Fever is a great place for the majority of collectors on this board when it comes to a rare item that got traded in. The owner of VF is completely clueless when it comes to pricing stuff. Being that his knowledge is primarily in jazz and blues, he will price some rare obscure jazz album at like $49.99...but he doesn't know shit about how rare some of the punk/indie/hardcore shit is that gets traded in, and he prices them between $4.99 - $9.99 and just puts mixes them in the new vinyl section. In the past year, along with Propagandhi, I found many many gems there: Mono - You Are There (colored), Good Riddance - Ballads From The Revolution (colored), The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin 2xLP, Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain just to name a few.

This was a great find for me , I paid a fiver for this ...fully signed Poison Idea - Pyjama Party Pic Disc

Anybody got any info on this ?

On the front its got 140 so i guess thats the number but how many were pressed ?

[image]

[image]

i've always wondered, does autographed vinyl still play fine?

I have that exact same question. You see it on Ebay all the time and judging by people's reactions on here, it affects it, but I have no clue.

I have that exact same question. You see it on Ebay all the time and judging by people's reactions on here, it affects it, but I have no clue.

This one plays fine but saying that some pic discs i've got the sound is so much crappier than a regular vinyl version.

So nobody has any info on this ?

So I guess there was only one ever pressed then ;D;)

Don't feel like charging the batteries for my camera...but here are a few good deals I made over the years...

NOFX - Fuck the Kids (on Green) $5

NOFX - Leave it Alone (picture disc) $12

NOFX - S/T 7" (1st press) $10

NOFX - Liberal Animation (original press on Wassail) $14

NOFX - HOFX (yellow splatter) - $22 on Ebay, years ago!

NOFX - Don't Call me White 7" 5$

NOFX - So What if we're on Mystic 7" $10

NOFX - War on Errorism (on White) $17

No Use For A Name - Let Em Out (1st 7") - $3

Strung Out - SEVEN INCH $8

Strung Out - FAT Club 7" $11

Misfits - Die Die My darling (rare Translucent 1st press), paid $4 about 5 years ago, sold it for $200 this summer.

I got this for free in a trade on the interweb thingy, mint uplayed copy with inserts :)

Traded a bunch of cdrs with a good friend of mine

[image]

Just in case nobody knows what this is :

RARE THOM YORKE, PRE-RADIOHEAD SINGLE. HOMETOWN ATROCITIES 4 Track 7 inch e.p. released 1989, featuring four local Exeter post punk groups: Headless Chickens, Mad At The Sun, Jackson Penis and Beaver Patrol. Thom Yorke was at Exeter University at the time, and plays guitar and sings backing vocals on the Headless Chickens' track "I Don't Want To Go To Woodstock".

This was a great find for me , I paid a fiver for this ...fully signed Poison Idea - Pyjama Party Pic Disc

Anybody got any info on this ?

On the front its got 140 so i guess thats the number but how many were pressed ?

[image]

[image]

I found this info out :

When Portland's Poison Idea teamed up with locally based label Tim Kerr Records in the 90's, you had a band of serious record collectors on a label being run by a record collector and former record store owner. It led to some pretty unique & collectible pressings. Maybe none more so than this one, the Limited Edition pressing of 1000 numbered & autographed copies of the Pajama Party release of P.I. covering other folks material.

The autographs & numbers were done on the inner photos BEFORE the outer clear vinyl was pressed around it. So the ink does not distort the sound quality of the disc, as the vinyl's grooves are actually on top of the autographs

Well i didn't know that :)

That's pretty cool. I wonder though if they are just facsimile autographs, would have to see 2 of them side by side to note if they (don't) match up!

Well i now know that with this release(Poison Idea ), every record i've seen has the autographs in different places so they must of sat down and autographed each one .....must've took ages :)

Nabbed a fat score in Hawaii!

Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatorium

The Bronx II (which I am looking to trade)

for $25!

where in hawaii?

Requests in Maui. I toured three islands there and this was the only thing that resembled a respectable music store. This place was rad and had thousands of unsorted vinyl in a leaky, smelly basement. Broke my heart.

where in hawaii?

Requests in Maui. I toured three islands there and this was the only thing that resembled a respectable music store. This place was rad and had thousands of unsorted vinyl in a leaky, smelly basement. Broke my heart.

Awesome, I've been to Oahu 4 or 5 times in the past year and a half and have searched every time for a record store, always coming up short.