question for older folks about the band Understand

So I recently found this 7" by the band called Understand. this 7" came out in 1994 on Equal Vision Records, it's kind of a cross between Texas is the Reason and Manic Compression-era Quicksand...but definitely more on the indie rock TITR end of things, but they're slightly heavier and the heaviness has more of a Quicksand vibe rather than a metally hardcore influence. It was recorded by Don Fury too.

Anyway, EVR's website has no info on them and I like this 7", I emailed them for more info, but as it came out almost 15 years ago, I'm expecting to not get any info from the label. The contact address for the band is in the UK ("reading, berks") Does anyone know if this band ever put anything else out? I'm gonna go scour the internerds for info now, but i figure with all the UK kids on here maybe that search would be slightly shorter.

any help would be appreciated!

My iPod tells me that the track list for the CD is:

Bored Games

Remains To Be Seen

A Dullicit Tone

On A Train

I can't remember if the 7" has 2 or 4 songs on it...I'm not home to check.

Upload that shit to the B-sides/rarities MP3 thread on the other board! It's fair game, it's out of print.

armed with anger released their first 7 inch" forget" then there was a 7" comp called"consolidation" they appeared on,then equal vision released "bored games" on 7 inch and cd (some on clear blue().then east west did a u.k version of both the 7 inch and cd of bored games.then their limited 7 inch came out called "around for nothing"followed by the lp burning bushes on tape and cd (vinyl was listed to come out but i never tracked one down)then "southend "came out on 7 inch and cd.then they got dropped when eastwest went tits up and reamerged with jetpak for the split cd.apart from maybe a few lp comp tracks thats all they did.hope it helps

when i met steve from evr i asked him the same thing about the band. he said that they had actually come over and played some us shows and were absolutely awesome. he actually debated on licensing the east/west full length. i have the east/west cd, evr cd/7" & the armed with anger 7". In my opinion the evr stuff is the best work they ever did. i also had a friend who went to the uk on vacation and said that he saw their videos so for all the uk kids, perhaps these guys were big at one time?

I like conversations like this. i love these old bands!

when i met steve from evr i asked him the same thing about the band. he said that they had actually come over and played some us shows and were absolutely awesome. he actually debated on licensing the east/west full length. i have the east/west cd, evr cd/7" & the armed with anger 7". In my opinion the evr stuff is the best work they ever did. i also had a friend who went to the uk on vacation and said that he saw their videos so for all the uk kids, perhaps these guys were big at one time?

I like conversations like this. i love these old bands!

I wouldn't say they were "big at one time" over here , everytime i saw them they were supporting someone but they were a good live band never the less :)

interesting...i was just under the impression they were some huge band. its funny because back in the day when i would ask kids about these guys no one had a clue who they were. i think evr were paid to release the 7" for exposure in the states and an upcoming tour. i could be wrong but i remember hearing that too