I love tea.

thomas

I'm currently sipping on a huge mug of unsweetened green tea and it is so damn good. I noticed that if you make it with water that is heated right before the boiling point it tastes a ton better since it does not scold it. I'm pumped on my parents getting me a real kettle for Christmas, since boiling it in a pan sucks since the metal up top is cool and makes it jump everywhere when you pour it, which equals burns on hands if you are not careful.

Guest xsteponmex
hm, think im gonna go wake the whole house up and brew some peach tea to sip while i wait for this damn ebay auction to end.

you've got some light sleepers that live with you.

Guest baseball

Tea is the best. Black, green, white, red, herbals, they're all good. Just the whole process of the growing and making the different kinds of teas is cool as shit too.

Yogi and Republic of Tea are probably my favorite brands.

Guest xsteponmex
Tea is the best. Black, green, white, red, herbals, they're all good. Just the whole process of the growing and making the different kinds of teas is cool as shit too.

Yogi and Republic of Tea are probably my favorite brands.

yogi tea isso gooood.

yeah I love tea too, I have a nice tea pot on my desk and I have tea time every day. The Dragon pearls gotta be my fav tea these days.

Different teas have different steeping temps of water. Rarely will a tea need boiling water and it is amazing how water time will effect the taste.

I noticed that if you make it with water that is heated right before the boiling point it tastes a ton better since it does not scold it.

That's how you're supposed to make green tea -- I thought that was common knowledge.

having any sort of culture in your life is not common knowledge, lol, especially the temp to brew a tea at.

which reminds me

I was at Chipotla the other day and some high school girls tried to order "avacado dip" for a burrito. They didn't know what it was, the person who wrote the list didn't know, the Spanish people didnt understand..it was funny. I had to fill them in on what Guacamole was so yeah, food and culture is not common knowledge, unfortunately.

I noticed that if you make it with water that is heated right before the boiling point it tastes a ton better since it does not scold it.

That's how you're supposed to make green tea -- I thought that was common knowledge.

I kind of knew, but I'm always lazy and just walk away until I hear the kettle whistle. Now I know it is worth it.

Guest baseball

You guys drink it with milk! Now that's fucked up ;)

You DON'T drink it with milk? Eeew that's pretty whacky!

I can take a little milk in black tea, but that's it. I don't habitually use it, just if I feel like mixing it up a little.

Generally I think most tea is best completely natural, no sugar no milk.