Deathcycle is calling it quits....

[image]

Sad to say Deathcycle have decided to call it quits. LifeLine Records was fortunate to have released the “s/t” LP on vinyl as well as doing the second full length “Prelude to Tyranny” on CD and vinyl. While Deathcycle was never able to tour they where a breathe of fresh fair with their unique style of NYHC. Below is the statement from the band as to why they have decided to call it quits:

After almost 6 years, we have mutually decided that we are all heading in different directions and the band cannot continue to create as we have. Some of us have changed, some of us have remained steadfast. I guess not so much "musical differences" as much as "directional differences". The important thing is that we have come forth and been honest with what we all want and expect from each other not just as a band, but as friends. Anyway, we leave off with records we can be proud of, and our friendships intact.

Over 5 years ago, Ron and I started "Deathcycle A.D.". We dropped the "A.D." a few weeks after our demo came out in 2003. We started the band to explore darker sounds and darker subjects. We succeeded in releasing a 7", 3 splits (with The Spark, Solidarity Pact, and The Holy Mountain, respectively), and 2 Lap's. I'm happy to say that we were as creative as we could be and that we progressed in sound with each release of the band. We got to play some really great shows with bands like Agnostic Front, Madball, The Holy Mountain, Disfear, Extreme Noise Terror, Skit System, Napalm Death..The list goes on.

Aside from the success of releasing records we can be proud of, expressing different sides of our musical capabilities and ideas, and playing with our favorite bands, we developed lasting friendships with some really great people.

We never got to do any kind of touring, unfortunately. But I am psyched we got to go to a few places outside NY and play for some people.

I'd like to thank a few people on behalf of the band - Joe Lifeline, Andy 17CM, Rok Lok records, Will Chainsaw Safety, Nate Gloom, Mike Hill, General George, Matt VanCura, Mike D., Johnny Thought Crime, Jay Banks, Rick"Dick" Lopez, Brian Meehan, Tommy Corrigan, Ryan Patterson, Anthony Corrallo, ABCNORIO, anyone who booked us, played with us, put us up for the night, helped us load gear in, watched our merch, payed to see us, drove long distances to see us, snuck in to see us, lent us gear....you know who you are and the list would be way too long.

There will be a last show in the next few upcoming months. Currently, we are working on a solid band line-up for the show. It's going to be all friends of ours. It's going to be a great time, and I hope to see lots more of our friends down there. Come down and help us go out with a bang.

And thanks again for all of your support.

Gary, Ron, Paul, and John

Updates will be given when the final show comes together.

www.lifelinerecords.net