that was quick...(HWM til the wheels fall off)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I'm getting at is if you've ever bought a record like this one on ebay, you're just as guilty as the seller. If people didn't buy them, people wouldn't sell them.

How on earth does that make the buyer just as bad? If the person didn't buy a copy just to sell in the first place, the person who actually wanted one might have been able to get one at retail price.

All I'm getting at is if you've ever bought a record like this one on ebay, you're just as guilty as the seller. If people didn't buy them, people wouldn't sell them.

How on earth does that make the buyer just as bad? If the person didn't buy a copy just to sell in the first place, the person who actually wanted one might have been able to get one at retail price.

It's like people who bitch about how WalMart is ruining small business, but then shop at WalMart.

It's like people who bitch about how WalMart is ruining small business, but then shop at WalMart.

It's nothing like that at all.

If you went to the show and desperately wanted a copy but they were sold out you would have no choice but to turn to eBay. In that regard its not like shopping at WalMart. You can get everything WalMart sells elsewhere.

I see your point, but I'm not the only one to blame if someone can't get one at the show. Someone on here said they bought 4. I only bought 2. And maybe they shouldn't sell more than one. Against me limited it to one when I saw them last.

I see your point, but I'm not the only one to blame if someone can't get one at the show. Someone on here said they bought 4. I only bought 2. And maybe they shouldn't sell more than one. Against me limited it to one when I saw them last.

Very true, if other people are worse than clearly you are absolved of guilt. Not to mention it should be the band/labels job to regulate everything and assume the worst of people. I don't really care but I thought that was a funny point. [/shit disturbing]

I'm from the school that whatever someone does with their own records is their own business. It will suck if people can't get them, but should everyone who went to the Orlando show not have bought one, so someone in New Jersey could?

I can see both sides of the argument, but ultimately I'm with punker on this one. He bought it. It's his property. He can do what he wants with it. It's not right. It's not wrong. It just is.

However, I would've waited a bit and let the demand build before throwing it on ebay.

after seeing punker32's last arguement, i retract my "that fuck" statement made earlier in this post. He does have a point in saying that if they didnt want this to happen, they would have limited the selling to one per person. I will say that it will suck if everyone else who hasnt seen them live is unable to buy one, but people like punker32 & others who are selling them on ebay are not to blame. The HWM merch people are, simply because they are not limiting the selling.

so, punker32, i apologize for calling you a fuck. I didn't think things through that well. i'm sorry

Guest falloutcollapse

I just decided that since a good friend of mine is going to the HWM reunion show, I'm going to get him to buy me a tour edition one of these, so I can get it to one of you guys for a fair trade. I think this is fair because I don't see any harm in taking advantage of my friend who will willingly get me a copy to trade to someone that really wants one. Does this sound fair to you guys?

I just decided that since a good friend of mine is going to the HWM reunion show, I'm going to get him to buy me a tour edition one of these, so I can get it to one of you guys for a fair trade. I think this is fair because I don't see any harm in taking advantage of my friend who will willingly get me a copy to trade to someone that really wants one. Does this sound fair to you guys?

that's what i'm doing.

GASP!! NO!!! That might mean someone else who goes to the show might not get one!!!!

/sacrasm

Seriously, why does everyone care so much about this? When did all the people on this board become the moral police?

Most of the people on this board are against buying records with intent to sell for profit.

But how is it hurting you at all? Either they go up on ebay now or three months from now. Either way, someone is going to have to shell out a lot of money for it in the end.

Most of the people on this board are against buying records with intent to sell for profit.

But how is it hurting you at all? Either they go up on ebay now or three months from now. Either way, someone is going to have to shell out a lot of money for it in the end.

I'm just relating the general statements of these boards. I can see both sides to the argument and in the end I sympathize for those missing out but don't really care if people sell their shit.