Revelation's answer about Texas is the Reason

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what?....

WHAT?!? did i just read this?!

why does it have to be a "hit" or "historical" to be good? every release doesnt need to be a chung king.

off of the top of my head: Down to nothing, shook ones, movielife, texas is the reason, in my eyes, shai halud, sinking ships, fastbreak, dag nasty... and not even to mention their "20 year old back catalog".

Not every release has to be a musical grand slam, but when you come off as cocky as Rev can sometimes, you better be backing it up with your current crop of releases, and I don't think they are.

We have a feature in AP called Label Profile where we (surprise, surprise) profile a different record label every month and get their story, basically. First off, Jordan refused to talk to us, and we ended up having to talk to their "head of A&R," who came off as the biggest condescending prick ever, basically making his label sound like they were putting out platinum records every week. I'd NEVER encountered any label boss that arrogant while doing that column, and I still haven't to this day.

maybe they just didnt want to deal with AP? i mean doesnt AP put ICP on the cover of their magazine?...

[image]

not being a dick but maybe they just didnt want to b associated with that...

Man, my first day here and I'm gonna have to defend ICP already?! Nah... I'll let it slide.

I doubt anyone's seen it, but there was a doc made about the east coast hardcore scene (mostly about On the Might of Princes) that came to my film fest a few years back. Not a very good film, but they didn't have much nice to say about Rev either. I've got no beef... but I only like about .01% of their catalog. To each his own (ICP and all!).

Can someone post some info on this pressing (matrix codes, photos, etc.)? I'll check them against my earlier copy so we can see if there's a way to tell the difference between pressings.

OT: Not nearly a Juggalo, no. But I enjoy their third album on a meta level. I took my licks for this back in '97 though, so I'm not fazed by the ICP Hatorade anymore.