Portugal. the Man

Hey guys and gals,

Just recently found out about the site and message board through punknews.org. I love everything about the site and you guys seem great and very informative.

I picked up a copy of Portugal. the Man's "Waiter" and I was wondering if any one had some leads on the German pressing or any of their other 7"??

I would be willing to pay way too much!! I have been known for that recently.

Thanks.

Guest Admin

defiance records releases portugal's vinyl in germany. I have tried to contact them about doing a trade, but they always ignore my emails. They do have a 7" out that Fearless put out as a promo. I have a copy, but I have never seen it for sale.

Hope that helps. We are putting out Church Mouth in the United States.

you might be able to find the 7" on ebay, that's where i got mine a year or so ago. when defiance first released the vinyl last summer/fall i wanted to get it, but the shipping adds up so it's like 30+ dollars ad i kept having trouble keeping it in my shoppping cart and all this shit. i'm happy it was released in the U.S. , although according to PTM.net the defiance release is sold out

The German version is out of print and sold out according to ptm's site. They do have a 7" they put out when you preordered waiters on CD a few years ago called "The Pines And The Devil" which was on red and limited to 1500. I see the 7" pop up on ebay a lot, which is where I got mine for about $10 shipped. As Virgil said he is putting out church mouth on vinyl and according to ptm's site they are all putting out the wizard ep on one-sided 12" (already a german version out on defiance). Keep a look at at ptm's site for preorders for the wizard ep and here for church mouth.

Virgil any idea when you'll be putting out Church Mouth, or when you'll start taking preorders?

I just got the wizard 12" at their show for $10 last night, Defiance gave them some copies to take on tour in the states with them, I shoulda picked up two for some peeps here but I did not have enough cash, they sold out of their copies of the gold splatter Waiter right before I bought it (poor girl got the display copy people were touching all night).

No one seemed really interested in wizard, everyone wanted waiters, if you go see them on tour (or know someone who is) you might still be able to get a copy.

FYI it's on light blue marble vinyl and side B is blank in case anyone was wondering.

Also several people asked when church mouth was being pressed as I was leaving.

Guest Admin

I am just waiting on the art from the Portugal camp. I would expect that I will have the pre-order up in a week or 2. thanks guys. I love this band!

I just got the wizard 12" at their show for $10 last night, Defiance gave them some copies to take on tour in the states with them, I shoulda picked up two for some peeps here but I did not have enough cash, they sold out of their copies of the gold splatter Waiter right before I bought it (poor girl got the display copy people were touching all night).

No one seemed really interested in wizard, everyone wanted waiters, if you go see them on tour (or know someone who is) you might still be able to get a copy.

FYI it's on light blue marble vinyl and side B is blank in case anyone was wondering.

Also several people asked when church mouth was being pressed as I was leaving.

i was there!

the merch dude and johnny said that they don't know what to do for art and that they haven't had time to do their own because they have been so busy. the merch guy said to someone else that they might have someone else do the artwork.

i rather have johnny do it.

seriously. i didn't even like those opening acts. i basically went to my sisters place and hung out and just came back to see when portugal went on. its weird because all of the hardcore shows i go for are there and they always have the fans on. i don't know why they didn't have them on at the p.tm show.

they already have the artwork for wizard but the other stuff they mentioned was for church mouth.