Major Buzzing problems! Suggestions?

so i thought my shit was grounded correctly and i still got bad buzzing sometimes.

well finally i took the grounding cable from my record player and actually unscrewed a screw from my receiver and then tightened it with the ground wire. worked like a charm. i bet theres something in your connection that's still not grounded.

so i thought my shit was grounded correctly and i still got bad buzzing sometimes.

well finally i took the grounding cable from my record player and actually unscrewed a screw from my receiver and then tightened it with the ground wire. worked like a charm. i bet theres something in your connection that's still not grounded.

Thank you I will check this again. Only my pre-amp has a grounding cable and you don't actually screw it on, you just squeeze the pre-amp and slide it under the screw...(maybe its just a piece of shit?)

Does it only happen when using the turntable? Do you have a preamp and a power amp?

Only when I turn the receiver input to the turntable, all other inputs are fine, cable, game systems, radio stations, no buzz, just the turn table input.

I was going to say a grounding issue. What changed with your setup? Did you move anything, or use something different? Was there something else running on the same circuit?

The setup didnt change but it did move to another house and it seems to be a bigger issue at this place.

check your rca plugs cheap ones do that or if they arent plugged in all the way.

ok good point, I didn't really think about the RCA plugs, I will try and clean them a bit, I know they are kinda dirty and make sure its all plugged in real tight...

I am using a pre-amp, not a poweramp.