The Microphones "Mount Eerie" LP repress

this is sort of annoying...they didnt give any indication of this happening! i was lucky enough to get my copy for $20 on the bay, but i know alot of people have paid 50 and up for this!

awesome album either way

Its not there fault you and others payed more then you needed to for records

agreed, at least my sleeve is handstitched!

Guest drahtuos

here's from phil's own site:

"KLP140: Mount Eerie (LP) by the Microphones

This album was released by K in 2003. It’s the one that’s kind of one big piece of music, not really songs. 5 parts that form a loose narrative: I. the Sun, II. Solar System, III. Universe, IV. Mount Eerie, and V. Universe.

The vinyl has been sold out for years but K just repressed 500 or so. Eventually we’re going to do a redesigned new package but for now here are some of the original LP designs. They are constructed out of sewn paper in triple gatefold sleeves with some drawings of old people and a picture of the mythological Mt. Eerie.

USA: $15 / Canada: $17.50 / the World: $23"

looks like its 15 instead of 10 like at k, weird. and he says they are sewn paper triple gates like the original. here's my thing, i own the original and there for don't care about this repress but phil does happen to mention that later they will be doing "a redesigned new package", they can for sure count me in when that becomes available considering i did that with both 'welcome nowhere' by thanksgiving and 'the glow pt. 2' by the microphones. the represses for both of those two albums by the way are incredible and i highly recommend picking them up.

This album was released by K in 2003. It’s the one that’s kind of one big piece of music, not really songs. 5 parts that form a loose narrative: I. the Sun, II. Solar System, III. Universe, IV. Mount Eerie, and V. Universe.

The vinyl has been sold out for years but K just repressed 500 or so. Eventually we’re going to do a redesigned new package but for now here are some of the original LP designs. They are constructed out of sewn paper in triple gatefold sleeves with some drawings of old people and a picture of the mythological Mt. Eerie.

looks like its 15 instead of 10 like at k, weird. and he says they are sewn paper triple gates like the original. here's my thing, i own the original and there for don't care about this repress but phil does happen to mention that later they will be doing "a redesigned new package", they can for sure count me in when that becomes available considering i did that with both 'welcome nowhere' by thanksgiving and 'the glow pt. 2' by the microphones. the represses for both of those two albums by the way are incredible and i highly recommend picking them up.

well now im up shit creek, i will be buyin this if they do the new packaging, it would be pretty sweet if they included parts 6 and 7 somehow for those of us that arent interested in picking up the picture book........

Guest drahtuos

well now im up shit creek, i will be buyin this if they do the new packaging, it would be pretty sweet if they included parts 6 and 7 somehow for those of us that arent interested in picking up the picture book........

my friend i can't imagine them including parts 6 and 7 unless the book/10" is sold out by then, which is possible i guess. would be cool if 6 and 7 were included though.

Guest drahtuos

i actually think this isn't necessarily a repress and rather it's just leftovers from k's warehouse, i remember hearing a rumor that there were 500 or so lying around that they never sold and that they might sell em someday. after hearing that they repressed it in that same quantity and that they are also hand stitched makes me think the rumor was true. why would they repress and go to the effort of hand stitching all of them if they are planning a proper repress with a redesigned new package later?

when someone on the board receives their new copy of mt. eerie they should post here whether or not it is indeed hand stitched.