Paypal dispute question.

thomas

So I bought Cursive Domestica on Dec. 18th, seller left me positive feedback after I paid. It's not about a month later and I have not received the item, and as of today the seller is no longer a registered member on ebay. I opened a dispute with paypal, now will this turn into a claim or what happens? I've never had to file a claim before so I'm not sure if I did the right thing.

first you file a dispute which youve alreay done. this basically is when paypal contacts the seller to say their is a dispute and to attempt to resolve it themselves. seeing as how theyre no longer registered, thats not going to happen. so, what you should do is escalate your dispute to a claim. this is where paypal will review the claim themselves and decide in favor of either you or the seller. you tell them your side, seller tells their side and they decide based on their policies. chances are, the seller wont even respond and itll be decided in your favor. now, you just need to hope they can recover funds from the seller.

I escalated it to a claim. However it says;

"Your dispute has been escalated to a claim. You must take action as outlined below before we can proceed with the claim. If the status of the case is 'pending' or 'undetermined,' return to the Resolution Center. Try viewing the claim again in 5 minutes for next steps."

However there is nothing below?

Edit: It says "Awaiting other party's response", so I did everything right?