MLIW - Midnight in America Pre-Order

euro version on reflections:

http://shop.reflectionsrecords.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=18241&cat=0

Modern Life Is War – Midnight In America is packaged in a deluxe heavy stock gatefold sleeve and includes a BIG poster (70x50 cm!) This pressing is limited to 1000 copies and will be available on 3 different colors:

150x Yellow / Black color-in-color vinyl

350x Grey / Black color-in-color vinyl

500x Black vinyl

im contemplating getting the euro versions. that was the only version i was able to get of witness until the latest pressing came out. i may order them with the new coliseum to get every bang out of my shipping buck.

I ordered an Amen Ra LP from these guys last summer and it shipped in two pieces of cardboard put together in packing tape. I was so terrified that the record was damaged, but it was only *slightly* warped, which I could fix. So if you order from them, beg that they use a proper mailer!

how, may i ask, did you go about fixing the slight warp? i feel that i have several records that are slightly warped and would love to have at least some chance of fixing them. ive tried placing them under a stack of heavy books, but that did nothing. whats your strategy?

The combination of heat and pressure. I did what you did with the books but left it outside in the sun for a couple hours and it turned out alright. The quality of the LP wasn't very good to begin with, so that maybe had something to do with how easy it was for me.

I know you can try and "bake" it in the oven, but I'm too much of a chicken shit to give it a try. But here's an old bookmark I've had about it, just in case...

http://www.angelfire.com/fl5/roadhouse/warped.html

i dont think i could ever stick one of my records in the oven either. i have put a few warped records underneath a stack of a few old college books and it seemed to help but wasnt a total fix. im paranoid about leaving my records outside in the heat since i live in az and thatd probably do more damage than good.