help with my speakers

I'm really sorry to post this here, it probably isn't the place to put this but i can't find the answer to this anywhere. i recently bought a record player and I'm having a problem with the speakers that i had at my house that i wanted to use. I took pictures to make this easier to explain....

Record Player

[image]

Speakers

[image]

What i need to know is if there is a wire that i can buy or something i can do to make these speakers work with this record player. thanks

could be wrong, but I think you can just buy audio RCA cables and cut the connectors off on end and splice the wire.

maybe someone else can confirm/deny this

Yeah, if you have some shitty speakers with RCA jacks you can clip the wires on the speakers and go to Radio Shack and get some of these (they're called "banana plugs") :

[image]

You'll be golden. Or at least silver since the speaker will will probably be 18 gauge, but better than nothing.

the banana plugs will fit in the speakers it looks like. if you get an RCA cable for the turntable end and cut the ends going to the speakers and put banana plugs on them, should be good.

i just got some banana plugs for my receiver/speakers after umpteen years of being tired of dealing w/ the speaker wire on both ends every time i move them.

i haven't busted them out though. that will be this week's project.