Rancid - Radio Radio Radio at Fat

Fixed?

Seriously though, I don't care how unoriginal my argument is. Point out where I am wrong. It is an unorigional statement because alot of people have already said it, because it is true.

I never said it wasn't true. Just pointing out that I drink my own pee.

Oh that will never get old.

3 versions?

original with "printed on canada" on back

later pressing without it on back

and now the white

just looked and mine has the printed in canada thing on it. Took me a second to see it down there. Still not sure if I need to grab a second copy. Great record though!

edit: hell, grabbed it with another 7", first class mail is nice and cheap, under $10, stoked!

I just like how he accused fat of exploiting the vinyl boom for a quick buck on a message board where every couple days there is a pre order for a record on 3 different colours with a shirt and a pint glass.

I'll be the first to admit that VC is probably among the worst (along with No Idea) when it comes to this, the only point I was trying to make is that it surprises me that Fat is doing this. I recognize the irony of posting a statement like that on this board. I came to this board not because I love VC (although I do buy quite a few records here) but because after lurking awhile I thought the people around here were pretty cool.

Sure these "Classic series" repressings are of old records, but these records are all still in print. I'm all for repressings of records that are out of print, but when you're still selling black copies for $8 the only reason you'd do a colored repress is to take advantage of people that care more about the novelty than the music/collectors that try to get every color of every pressing of certain bands.

Anyway, sorry to take this thread off track. I'm not trying to create another "Vinyl Bubble" thread. Carry on.

Edit: No offense to Virgil or Vard, I think they're both cool guys and I'm glad they both get to do what they love doing for a living.

I just like how he accused fat of exploiting the vinyl boom for a quick buck on a message board where every couple days there is a pre order for a record on 3 different colours with a shirt and a pint glass.

I'll be the first to admit that VC is probably among the worst (along with No Idea) when it comes to this, the only point I was trying to make is that it surprises me that Fat is doing this. I recognize the irony of posting a statement like that on this board. I came to this board not because I love VC (although I do buy quite a few records here) but because after lurking awhile I thought the people around here were pretty cool.

Sure these "Classic series" repressings are of old records, but these records are all still in print. I'm all for repressings of records that are out of print, but when you're still selling black copies for $8 the only reason you'd do a colored repress is to take advantage of people that care more about the novelty than the music/collectors that try to get every color of every pressing of certain bands.

Anyway, sorry to take this thread off track. I'm not trying to create another "Vinyl Bubble" thread. Carry on.

Edit: No offense to Virgil or Vard, I think they're both cool guys and I'm glad they both get to do what they love doing for a living.

Suck up.

Suck up.

:-*

Seriously, anytime anyone but myself posts on this board criticizing the way VC or any other label fuels this lame variant collector bullshit they end their post with something like "No offence Virgil, I love what you do, adopt me please" bullshit. Like he will read the end and think, oh I guess he didn't mean what he said about me whoring coloured vinyl for a quick buck, what a nice guy, maybe I should pick him for the next test press give away!

Spineless.

i guess labels are realizing there's two kinds of record collectors

ones that do it for the music

and collectors

what's wrong with targeting both markets.

i agree with the statement that stuff thats out of print on any color is what should really be getting priority but fat keeps all their records in print on black and have EXTREMELY rarely ever pressed more than one pressing of a release on color

if there's never been a color release then sure they should feel free to target both those markets, back when this came out their probably wasn't much of a color vinyl market.

I'm quite surprised at how much Fat is cashing in on everybody's new found interest in vinyl. Fat used to be one of the best in the business for collectors, a small run of colored vinyl and then black. No repressings, no deluxe packages. Seems everybody's for sale.

yeah...who wants to sell records that keep your business open to put out other records...fuckin' sellouts, Fat Mike is such a douche.