Coming Soon on Recess

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please please please please please don't change the art on those Screeching Weasel records. The My Brain Hurts re-issue art is beyond bad. Just because C Road and Mitch Clem are punk artists or whatever doesn't mean they need to design every fucking record that comes out in my lifetime. Anthem and Wiggle both have CLASSIC art, there's no reason to re-design the cover. I'm begging here.

MBH has the new artwork, but I don't like it that much. I hope the other releases will keep the original art.

I don't mind new art, especially if the licensing of the original images is what's holding up a release (ie: Lifetime represses). And, honestly, Wiggle could use some improvement. All of the other SW art is pretty iconic, imo.

MBH has the new artwork, but I don't like it that much. I hope the other releases will keep the original art.

I don't mind new art, especially if the licensing of the original images is what's holding up a release (ie: Lifetime represses). And, honestly, Wiggle could use some improvement. All of the other SW art is pretty iconic, imo.

I agree. Though all of the original artwork is very near and dear to me, sometimes it's nice to switch it up a bit, especially if that means getting the record out sooner. The only one that would really bum me out if they changed it would be Anthem.

I agree. Though all of the original artwork is very near and dear to me, sometimes it's nice to switch it up a bit, especially if that means getting the record out sooner. The only one that would really bum me out if they changed it would be Anthem.

The Anthem cover is just great. Kill the Musicians is pretty iconic, too, at least for me. But I could see How to Make Enemies done in the same style as My Brain Hurts and looking pretty decent.

Probably it's a just a matter of time. I've just begun collecting SW stuff, so I haven't had the time yet to endear and assimilate the original workarts. Maybe this is why I like them so much and perhaps in some years I won't mind some new art.

From the Recess website:

Red Cross:

1st 12" (feb 09)

Screeching Weasel:

1st Screeching Weasel LP (March 09)

Wiggle LP (march 09)

Anthem for a New Tomorrow LP (may 09)

How to Make Enemies....LP (July 09)

Kill The Musicians 2xLP (Sept 09)

The Bananas:

Nautical Rock n Roll LP (april 09)

Pinhead Gunpowder:

Greatest hits title TBA (March 09)

Jump Salty LP/CD (August/Sept 09)

Carry The Banner LP/CD (August/Sept 09)

Goodbye Ellston Ave LP/CD (August/Sept 09)

Compulsive Disclosure LP/CD (August/Sept 09)

Shoot The Moon LP/CD (August/Sept 09)

The Queers:

Beat Off LP (Feb 09)

Grow Up LP (April 09)

Don't Back Down LP (june 09)

Move Back Down LP (Sept 09)

Japanther:

Skuffed Up My Huffy LP (feb 09)

The Gr'ups :

Discography LP (Nov 09)

Underground Railroad to Candyland :

Manson Lamps LP (June 09)

From the Recess website:

Red Cross:

1st 12" (feb 09)

Screeching Weasel:

1st Screeching Weasel LP (March 09)

Wiggle LP (march 09)

Anthem for a New Tomorrow LP (may 09)

How to Make Enemies....LP (July 09)

Kill The Musicians 2xLP (Sept 09)

The Bananas:

Nautical Rock n Roll LP (april 09)

Pinhead Gunpowder:

Greatest hits title TBA (March 09)

Jump Salty LP/CD (August/Sept 09)

Carry The Banner LP/CD (August/Sept 09)

Goodbye Ellston Ave LP/CD (August/Sept 09)

Compulsive Disclosure LP/CD (August/Sept 09)

Shoot The Moon LP/CD (August/Sept 09)

The Queers:

Beat Off LP (Feb 09)

Grow Up LP (April 09)

Don't Back Down LP (june 09)

Move Back Down LP (Sept 09)

Japanther:

Skuffed Up My Huffy LP (feb 09)

The Gr'ups :

Discography LP (Nov 09)

Underground Railroad to Candyland :

Manson Lamps LP (June 09)

Provided most of these are released somewhere around the planned release date, that's some serious dedication. And a far cry from the 1 release per year estimation someone posted in this thread. Recess is really banging these out.

Provided most of these are released somewhere around the planned release date, that's some serious dedication. And a far cry from the 1 release per year estimation someone posted in this thread. Recess is really banging these out.

Well, they gotta get them all out before people start losing interest in vinyl again.

That was an estimation based on the previous two Screeching Weasel re-releases. I was not stating it as fact nor was I commenting on any releases other than Screeching Weasel. I also made that prediction before dates were added to each release. I'll be very excited if these actually hit around the targeted dates.

Got my Screeching Weasel My Brian Hurts direct from Recess, and there's a flyer with their coming soon releases:

Screeching Weasel:

Wiggle LP

Anthem for a New Tomorrow LP

How to Make Enemies....LP

Kill The Musicians 2xLP

1st Screeching Weasel LP

The Bananas

Nautical Rock n Roll LP

Pinhead Gunpowder:

Jump Salty LP/CD

Carry The Banner LP/CD

Goodbye Ellston Ave LP/CD