Where's the Band tour

Was really awkward last night.

Chris was amazing as always, but the rest of the time I felt really weird.

I didn't get to catch the Revival tour, but from what everyone on here and other reviews I have read it was a big drunk sing along the whole time. Well Where's the Band tour last night was the total opposite. You could hear the audience talking louder that the guy on stage.

Oh and the Basement here in Columbus has to have the worst sight lines of any venue I have ever been to. Unless you are right up front you can't see shit. At the bar...forgetaboutit.

Matt played two Get Up Kids songs at the end of his set, and was kinda shitty about it. So that was a huge bummer for my wife.

What did you guys think that have seen this tour??

Just got home from this. It was a fun night. Show was sold-out, but the crowd definitely thinned as the evening went on and people saw who they came to see.

Anthony Raneri (Bayside) played first. His set was just about a half-hour, and people really responded well, it seemed. A lot of chatter in the background, however. I remember him playing the following:

Good Fucking Bye (Matt Skiba cover)

Sorrow (Bad Religion cover)

Megan (Smoking Popes cover)

I Will Follow You Into The Dark (Death Cab For Cutie cover)

I And I

Duality

Landing Feet First

+ one more original (something off the acoustic record, dunno the song title)

Chris Conley was up next and played an hour solid of Saves The Day jams, nearly all by request. He definitely did:

Hold

Jessie And My Whetsone

Take Our Cars Now!

Rocks Tonic Juice Magic

Third Engine

At Your Funeral (he closed with this, with assistance from Matt Pryor)

Cars & Calories

Freakish

Monkey

Tomorrow Too Late (I think? Maybe it was Driving In The Dark -- memory's foggy. I know it was a track off In Reverie, though.)

Radio

Stay

+ maybe one or two more (but I'm pretty sure that was it)

Matt Pryor started next and also played right about an hour. He played a LOT of solo material, the only song I could properly identify was "Confidence Man." He also played a handful of Get Up Kids songs:

Action & Action

Overdue

Out Of Reach

He had a lot of fun with the crowd (so did Chris and Anthony) -- he even spent about 5 minutes at the end of his set talking about how he recently got a vasectomy because he has three kids and doesn't want anymore. He then fielded questions, mainly about the procedure. It was weird and awkward and hilarious.

Dustin Kensure was on last. He played what felt like FOREVER, and did not play NEARLY enough Thrice songs. He's a talented dude, for sure, but man, I lost interest pretty quick (also, the crowd thinned out pretty hardcore before he went on -- I'd say between Matt Pryor finishing and Dustin starting, half the crowd left). Here's what I remember him playing, Thrice-wise:

The Artist In The Ambulance

Phoenix Ignition (just the acoustic intro)

Come All You Weary

And here's other songs he played:

I Knew You Before

Pistol

Blood & Wine

Creep (Radiohead cover)

Hospital Beds (Cold War Kids cover)

There was definitely more, too, I just really tuned out after a while.

The show's encore was a Ryan Adams song (Dustin/Matt/Anthony), Jawbreaker's "Boxcar" (all four) and NOFX's "Linoleum" (all four). Unfortunately I had to leave right when they started the Jawbreaker song (I only know about those last two because Anthony told me that's what they were going to do).

Anyway, overall I really enjoyed myself. There's no switchover time between sets at all; there was more or less music from 8pm-11:30pm or so tonight, straight through.

Merch-wise, there were two different Anthony Raneri shirts, a Saves The Day shirt, two different Matt Pryor shirts (maybe three) and a Dustin Kensrue shirt -- all were $15. All three Saves The Day "Bug Sessions" CDs were $5, and the Matt Pryor and Dustin Kensrue solo CDs were $10. (No one had any full-band stuff with the exception of the STD acoustic CDs).

Just got home from this. It was a fun night. Show was sold-out, but the crowd definitely thinned as the evening went on and people saw who they came to see.

Anthony Raneri (Bayside) played first. His set was just about a half-hour, and people really responded well, it seemed. A lot of chatter in the background, however. I remember him playing the following:

Good Fucking Bye (Matt Skiba cover)

Sorrow (Bad Religion cover)

Megan (Smoking Popes cover)

I Will Follow You Into The Dark (Death Cab For Cutie cover)

I And I

Duality

Landing Feet First

+ one more original (something off the acoustic record, dunno the song title)

Chris Conley was up next and played an hour solid of Saves The Day jams, nearly all by request. He definitely did:

Hold

Jessie And My Whetsone

Take Our Cars Now!

Rocks Tonic Juice Magic

Third Engine

At Your Funeral (he closed with this, with assistance from Matt Pryor)

Cars & Calories

Freakish

Monkey

Tomorrow Too Late (I think? Maybe it was Driving In The Dark -- memory's foggy. I know it was a track off In Reverie, though.)

Radio

Stay

+ maybe one or two more (but I'm pretty sure that was it)

Matt Pryor started next and also played right about an hour. He played a LOT of solo material, the only song I could properly identify was "Confidence Man." He also played a handful of Get Up Kids songs:

Action & Action

Overdue

Out Of Reach

He had a lot of fun with the crowd (so did Chris and Anthony) -- he even spent about 5 minutes at the end of his set talking about how he recently got a vasectomy because he has three kids and doesn't want anymore. He then fielded questions, mainly about the procedure. It was weird and awkward and hilarious.

Dustin Kensure was on last. He played what felt like FOREVER, and did not play NEARLY enough Thrice songs. He's a talented dude, for sure, but man, I lost interest pretty quick (also, the crowd thinned out pretty hardcore before he went on -- I'd say between Matt Pryor finishing and Dustin starting, half the crowd left). Here's what I remember him playing, Thrice-wise:

The Artist In The Ambulance

Phoenix Ignition (just the acoustic intro)

Come All You Weary

And here's other songs he played:

I Knew You Before

Pistol

Blood & Wine

Creep (Radiohead cover)

Hospital Beds (Cold War Kids cover)

There was definitely more, too, I just really tuned out after a while.

The show's encore was a Ryan Adams song (Dustin/Matt/Anthony), Jawbreaker's "Boxcar" (all four) and NOFX's "Linoleum" (all four). Unfortunately I had to leave right when they started the Jawbreaker song (I only know about those last two because Anthony told me that's what they were going to do).

Anyway, overall I really enjoyed myself. There's no switchover time between sets at all; there was more or less music from 8pm-11:30pm or so tonight, straight through.

Merch-wise, there were two different Anthony Raneri shirts, a Saves The Day shirt, two different Matt Pryor shirts (maybe three) and a Dustin Kensrue shirt -- all were $15. All three Saves The Day "Bug Sessions" CDs were $5, and the Matt Pryor and Dustin Kensrue solo CDs were $10. (No one had any full-band stuff with the exception of the STD acoustic CDs).

Dustin didn't play his Springsteen cover?

I got to spend a lot of time today with all four of these guys (three of them recorded acoustic sessions for our website and one did a long-form interview for our podcast series), and I had so much fun. I think my favorite moment was telling Matt Pryor about when I saw the Get Up Kids in Iowa City six or seven years ago, and how I flipped out when they played "Grunge Pig." He looks at me, straight faced, and says, "Wait, you like that song?" Made me laugh my ass off.

I just remember him talking about Springsteen i don't think he did any covers though.

I also wish he would've done more covers but eh whatever I like his solo stuff allot also.

Matt told me that it is highly unlikely that Vagrant will do any vinyl for his solo record, but he expects to put out some vinyl for his next disc.Not to be a dick or anything i was glad to see Anthony from bayside on this tour and as Scott said he was well received but he just kinda seemed like the odd man out.

that does sound like a great show. and i wouldnt mind if dustin didnt play more thrice, as i love his solo stuff and thats mainly what he is touring-but i definitely would not pick artist in the ambulance as one of them. i would think something like trust or the melting point of wax; or stare at the sun, but i imagine hes pretty tired of playing that in any form.

edit: just watched a video of artist, and i actually think it sounds really good. spoke too soon!

yeah i wanted him to play some illusion of safety stuff as that is one of my all time favorite albums, but it's cool he has such an amazing voice in person

that does sound like a great show. and i wouldnt mind if dustin didnt play more thrice, as i love his solo stuff and thats mainly what he is touring-but i definitely would not pick artist in the ambulance as one of them. i would think something like trust or the melting point of wax; or stare at the sun, but i imagine hes pretty tired of playing that in any form.

edit: just watched a video of artist, and i actually think it sounds really good. spoke too soon!

I'm pretty sure he played "Stare At The Sun," too.

Also, Matt Pryor covered Reggie And The Full Effect's "Girl, Why'd You Run Away," which was awesome.

I got to spend a lot of time today with all four of these guys (three of them recorded acoustic sessions for our website and one did a long-form interview for our podcast series), and I had so much fun. I think my favorite moment was telling Matt Pryor about when I saw the Get Up Kids in Iowa City six or seven years ago, and how I flipped out when they played "Grunge Pig." He looks at me, straight faced, and says, "Wait, you like that song?" Made me laugh my ass off.

man, i love grunge pig, on a wire is such a great album. when will that stuff make it onto the site?

man, i love grunge pig, on a wire is such a great album. when will that stuff make it onto the site?

In a few weeks, not sure on who we're rolling out first.

just got back from this. it was a good time. it was mostly like scott said except matt sort of covered "dick in a box." he was talking about memphis and got on the subject of justin timberlake and naturally i yelled "play dick in a box" and he did. it was pretty funny.

also dustin played a pedro the lion cover. "bad things to such good people" from winners never quit. it was a pleasant surprise.

no linoleum, but they played boxcar.