Jawbreaker

Dear You and 24 hour Revenge Therapy are the only Jawbreaker records you need, especially if you are new to the band.

24 Hour Revenge therapy is an amazing record. Killer hooks, killer imagery, killer lyrics, and will ruin your life at age 16. Dear You is my favorite by them though. When I first heard Dear You I appreciated the Blake's progression in song writing but HATED the production. The super smooth, polished sound wasn't how I felt Jawbreaker was "supposed" to sound. A few years later I realized that I loved the production and I was really into how it felt and sounded like "Seamonsters" by The Wedding Present in a lot of ways, which is my favorite WP album. So if you're into punk music get 24, but if you're more into pop or indie rock pick up Dear You. With the exception of a couple of stand out songs(ie Chesterfield King, Bivouac, Want, Kiss The Bottle, etc) most other Jawbreaker records are kinda mediocre. Just buy 24 and Dear You and you'll be set.

Unfortunately, an imposter band put out two more records under that same name that were, how you say... god awful.

that's crazy. i thought each record was fantastic.

A lot of people really like all of the Jets records. Re-reading my response to your post, I realize it came across as a bit dick-ish. I guess the thing is that ORD was such a perfect record for me at that point in my life, and the other two JTB albums just never resonated with me the same way.

Orange Rhyming Dictionary, by jets to brazil, is also amazing.

Unfortunately, an imposter band put out two more records under that same name that were, how you say... god awful.

i liked four cornered night.

anyways, 24 Hour Revenge Therapy is my favorite album

not just by jawbreaker

ever.

that's crazy. i thought each record was fantastic.

A lot of people really like all of the Jets records. Re-reading my response to your post, I realize it came across as a bit dick-ish. I guess the thing is that ORD was such a perfect record for me at that point in my life, and the other two JTB albums just never resonated with me the same way.

haha, no dude it's totally fine. it wasn't dickish at all.

all of them... it depends... the music changes a bit over the years..

just start with UNFUN and work your way up...just so you can experience the progression of the band through the years

unfun

bivouac

24 hour revenge therapy

dear you

etc

why listen to etc last since its a mix of everything since it b-sides

if anything i would suggest him to start with that first

This was one of those bands that had to 'click' with me before I even thought they were good. Dear You was my intro to them, and is my favorite. I initially really disliked them, but once I forced myself through Dear You, I came to REALLY like the song Accident Prone, then it just went from there. All of their albums are consistent, and each has a different sound showing their progression over the years. Very very VERY good band.

i remember hearing the ataris cover of boxcar like in the 6th grade. i didn't start listening to jawbreaker until a couple of years after, when i first heard do you still hate me?.

this thread, and the anticipation of seeing thorns of life this weekend is making me play mad amounts of jawbreaker/JTB.

all of them... it depends... the music changes a bit over the years..

just start with UNFUN and work your way up...just so you can experience the progression of the band through the years

unfun

bivouac

24 hour revenge therapy

dear you

etc

why listen to etc last since its a mix of everything since it b-sides

if anything i would suggest him to start with that first

i guess you're right.. i remember i can remember where i was when i first listened to my 7"s. Especially my "Worlds in Shreds" comp. To this day that is my favorite 7" of all time..