Gilead: Thou/Frodus pre-orders - 2009 releases

Gilead Media ultra 2009 update!

Howdy friends!

2009 is finally upon us & I have some massive plans for Gilead (as you'll soon see below). I'm freaking out a bit over how much I have going on for the label this year, but I feel like everything I'm working on is truly outstanding & worth the effort, so I'm naturally ecstatic. I also want to take a moment to thank everyone who made 2008 such an unbelievable year for Gilead Media. I achieved more with the label in 2008 than I ever thought possible and the experience has been absolutely unreal! So Thank YOU! Enough sappy crap, on to the news… there is a lot to take in, so grab some coffee and get comfy.

Webstore for all pre-orders & items available now: http://www.gileadmedia.net/store

1. PRE-ORDERS open today!

2. Releases going to press next week

3. Next up for 2009

4. Heller Mason sampler free download

5. Tour dates

++ FRODUS "Conglomerate International" Gatefold 45 RPM 2xlp - PRE-ORDERS OPEN NOW + exclusive pre-order T-SHIRT/TEST PRESS CONTEST!!

I'm happy to announce that the Frodus "FCI" Gatefold 2xLP is nearly complete! Thusly, I am finally making it available for pre-orders! Jackets & digital download/FCI corporate credit cards shipped Friday, records, patches & inserts are all here… time to party! These are limited to just 600 copies & are sure to go quick quick quick.

In addition to the standard pre-order for the 2xLP there is an option to pre-order and receive an exclusive Frodus t-shirt for just a few bucks more. These are printed with water-based inks on American Apparel US made shirts. You can view the design at the Gilead store!

Finally, all those that pre-order either the normal or t-shirt option will be entered in a drawing to win a test pressing! You don't want to miss out on that now, do you? You will only be able to be entered for the test press drawing until the components all arrive over the next two weeks, so don't hesitate! Head on over to the store now: http://www.gileadmedia.net

++ THOU "Retaliation" repress - PRE-ORDERS OPEN NOW!

We have 300 more of these repressed now on white vinyl with white jackets and all white inserts & the fantastic Human Annihilation patches, quite stunning really! Everything is here except for the small insert, which will be printed and shipped out to Gilead HQ by the end of next week! Anticipating all pre-orders will ship out by February 13, 2009

++ GOING TO PRESS IN THE NEXT WEEK:

- Krallice "Krallice" Gatefold 2xLP(ELD023)

The epic black metal record of 2008 featuring Colin Marston and Mick Barr from Behold the Arctopus and Orthrelm, respectively. Tons of rave reviews in print and web zines all across the nation, and even landed on Ryan Adams' top 10 records of 2008… weird. We finally have the artwork all finished up, everything is submitted to be printed for the packaging & the audio master is being sent off to have lacquers cut next week. I'm hoping everything will be done and ready sometime in February/Early March.

- Black Arrows of Filth & Impurity "1984 Eternal" Gatefold CD (ELD024)

Black Arrows are a metal band from Indianapolis combining harsh noise soundscapes with incredibly brutal grind/metal to create an atmospheric metal record the likes of which this green earth has never heard! The transitions between, and the layering of, their grinding assaults and their epic soundscapes is mind melting. Comprised of Ex and Current members of Demiricous, Racebannon, The Dream is Dead & World Eater, Black Arrows aren't a band, they're a god damned force. Sending off all the audio masters and artwork masters first week of February, should be finished up by the end of the month! This behemoth will be packaged in a 6-panel gatefold case, printed with water-based inks on a 100% recycled stock.

Check out some music in the mean time: http://www.myspace.com/blackarrowsoffilthimpurity

- Hewhocorrupts/Phoenix Bodies Split 10"/Calendar (ELD026)

I don't even know what to say about this. The two most nude bands I've ever seen thrash live have finally come together in order to bring you some unreal spazzing grindcore. This 45 rpm 10" split record is packaged inside a fully-functional 12 month calendar… yes, a calendar. Each month features photos of HWC & PB, and ya even got some holidays marked on there so you know when you don't have to show up to the office and cater to the corporate asshole of a boss you're so sick of seeing everyday. Should be available by the end of March!!

++ NEXT UP:

Buried At Sea "Untitled" Gatefold 2xLP/Digital download (ELD025)

A long time coming, I know! But every month we're a little closer. The master is tracked down and being mastered as you read this, and artwork is underway. Don't know a definitive date, but ASAP is a good way to put it now. Keep your eyes peeled!

Thou/Leech Split Gatefold LP (Split release with Vendetta Records) (ELD027)

Just got word from our southern swamp dwelling brothers in Thou & new Cascadian friends in Leech that a North American label was required for this monstrously dark split 12" of sludging doom riffage and progressive black metal. I never say no to a chance to work with Bryan Funck and the rest of the outstanding folks in Thou, and after taking the time email with Paul a bit and check out Leech, I soon realized this would be a great record in terms of music & experience. Add to that I get to work with the incredibly kind Stefan from Vendetta…. I'm sold! We're working on artwork now, this will probably be closer to mid-2009, but well worth the way. Lock grooves, patches, gatefold jacket for the Gilead/N. American version, screen printed poster/inserts… just a few of the things we have in mind so far.

++ HELLER MASON - FREE SAMPLE DOWNLOAD

Heller Mason is the songwriting moniker of my good friend Todd Vandenberg. Todd crafts some of the most outstanding and beautiful indie rock/alt country songs I've heard in quite some time & I recently released his second full-length release entitled "The Mess I've Made." To celebrate and get the name out a bit, I've made half of the record available as a free download, please take the time to check it out!

URL: http://download.amplific.org/glm014/login.cfm

Download code: hellermason

++ TOUR DATES!

Artist - Date - City - State - Venue.

Krallice 2/28/09 Atlanta GA The Masquerade

Thou 2/6/09 Baton Rouge LA Jachob's House

Thou 2/15/09 New Orleans LA Candle Factory

Thou 2/27/09 Tallahassee FL All Saints

Thou 2/28/09 Tampa FL Black Coffee Gallery

Thou 2/28/09 Gainesville FL The Junkyard

Thou 3/19/09 Austin TX EXF Showcase

Thou 3/19/09 Austin TX TBA

Thou 3/20/09 Austin TX Snake Eyes Vinyl

Thou 3/20/09 Austin TX Emo's Annexe

Thou 3/21/09 Austin TX Mess with Texas Showcase

Thou 3/22/09 New Orleans LA Candle Factory

Thou 3/25/09 Baton Rouge LA Jachbob's House

Thou 4/10/09 Baton Rouge LA Jachob's House

Hewhocorrupts 2/6/09 Chicago IL Phrat Pharm

Hewhocorrupts 2/13/06 Bloomington IL Simple Days

Hewhocorrupts 2/14/09 East Moline IL Mixtapes

Phoenix Bodies 3/13/09 Milwaukee WI TBA

Phoenix Bodies 3/14/09 Sioux Falls SD INIT FEST

Heller Mason 1/30/09 La Crosse WI The Warehouse

Heller Mason 2/12/09 La Crosse WI The Warehouse

Please visit individual myspace profiles for more information on a specific show

That's all I have for this week in the way of new items of information! Hope everyone has been well. Thank you all for your support in the past & I will talk to you soon!!

-Adam/Gilead Media

http://www.gileadmedia.net

sounds good.

just wondering though... whats the deal with the gray pressing of a->b life? is it a third pressing? how many are there?

They shorted me when they repressed it on opaque orange, charged me for 500 although there were only like 300 orange ones. By the time I got the orange ones they were out of orange compound, so they finished it on what they call "junk" vinyl, the leftover mixes of pellets from prior custom color mixes. I think there was 240 or so on the garbage mix.

Awesome. I'll probably pick up Krallice and Thou.

I also notice Gilead is out of Oshkosh, WI. Crazy! That's where I went to school.

Yah, grew up here. When did you go to school here? I worked at The Exclusive Company for a long time, so chances are we may have met and we didn't even know it.

Awesome. I'll probably pick up Krallice and Thou.

I also notice Gilead is out of Oshkosh, WI. Crazy! That's where I went to school.

Yah, grew up here. When did you go to school here? I worked at The Exclusive Company for a long time, so chances are we may have met and we didn't even know it.

I went to school there from 2001-2005 and went to Exclusive all the time, before they finally moved. I actually applied there at one time, but I must've failed the "music test."

I went to school there from 2001-2005 and went to Exclusive all the time, before they finally moved. I actually applied there at one time, but I must've failed the "music test."

Ahh... I'm sure we've seen eachother before, then! I worked there for about 4 yrs from 2000-2004

Actually I remember who you are now. My friend Chris Renton would always ask you to recommend him music. So I believe you indirectly got me into Hot Cross.