STRUNG OUT AND LOVED ONES Color LP's

That's everyones excuse. "I'm just not into this album like I thought I was".

You don't buy a car having never driven it, and say "Well shit, I'm just not into this car like I thought I was going to be". You take it for a test drive first. I mean why spend $10 on a record you might not like, when you can listen to a track or two for free on various websites? (The only answer is $$)

That's a pretty bad assessment. If he liked the first one, he very well may like the new one. Why miss out on the colored vinyl because you're not sure. By the time you make that decision, colored vinyl is gone. Not everyone downloads leaked albums and can hear the whole thing before buying. Plus, he bought the record, what he does with it is is own fucking business.

right on brother. i liked the 1st album but I havent searched for the leaked copy of this album so i may not like it and if i dont like it will be traded just like any other record i buy and dont like. i take chances when buying records thats fun, try bands you never heard of. i heard people shit all over the new gaslight song and i havent heard that either but still bought it. i used to grab leaked cds and now for whatever reason i like to listen to the vinyl fist. im weird that way.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't buy a car having never driven it, and say "Well shit, I'm just not into this car like I thought I was going to be". You take it for a test drive first. I mean why spend $10 on a record you might not like, when you can listen to a track or two for free on various websites? (The only answer is $$)

That's a pretty bad assessment. If he liked the first one, he very well may like the new one. Why miss out on the colored vinyl because you're not sure. By the time you make that decision, colored vinyl is gone. Not everyone downloads leaked albums and can hear the whole thing before buying. Plus, he bought the record, what he does with it is is own fucking business.

Ok, for one, I didn't mention leaked albums. FAT has songs you can download, hence me saying listen to a song or two (depending how many they have up).

And how's it his fucking business if he posts it on a public message board? Kinda makes it public business.

Ok, for one, I didn't mention leaked albums. FAT has songs you can download, hence me saying listen to a song or two (depending how many they have up).

And how's it his fucking business if he posts it on a public message board? Kinda makes it public business.

No, it doesn't. Your being a complete asshole here. Who made you the fucking record police? He bought the record. He will own the record when it arrives. It is his right to do whatever he wants with that record once it's in his hands. He can keep it, he can sell it, he can break it, he can trade it, he can use it as a plate and eat mac and cheese off of it. Why does it matter to you?

Plus, like MRC said. Sometimes it's fun to buy records that you haven't heard. It's a great surprise if you like it. And if you don't, it's nice to know there are people out there who will take it off your hands. I've liked what I've heard from this record, but that doesn't mean I'm going to love every song and play it all the time. If it ends up just sitting on the shelf and taking up space after a few listens, why not pass it along for sale or trade? I'm not talking about people who open it, check the color and go right to ebay and the boards to flip. I'm talking about people who take a chance on a record, give it a few listens and then make an educated decision if they want to keep it in their collection or not.

right on brother. i liked the 1st album but I havent searched for the leaked copy of this album so i may not like it and if i dont like it will be traded just like any other record i buy and dont like. i take chances when buying records thats fun, try bands you never heard of. i heard people shit all over the new gaslight song and i havent heard that either but still bought it. i used to grab leaked cds and now for whatever reason i like to listen to the vinyl fist. im weird that way.

Who didn't like the new Gaslight?

That was pretty much it, I bought the album because why miss out on the color when I think there's a good chance I like it. But what's with the hypocrisy, if its all about the music why does anyone care if they got the color. You got a copy, that's all that should matter. If you want the color, you probably want the most sought after variety for monetary reasons.

That was pretty much it, I bought the album because why miss out on the color when I think there's a good chance I like it. But what's with the hypocrisy, if its all about the music why does anyone care if they got the color. You got a copy, that's all that should matter. If you want the color, you probably want the most sought after variety for monetary reasons.

Well said, Sam.

Well said, Sam.

I do my best 8-)

Oh and feel free to jump down my throat if someone named "locokingsfan" sells the LP on eBay for more than $15.60. Then you can complain.

No, it doesn't. Your being a complete asshole here. Who made you the fucking record police? He bought the record. He will own the record when it arrives. It is his right to do whatever he wants with that record once it's in his hands. He can keep it, he can sell it, he can break it, he can trade it, he can use it as a plate and eat mac and cheese off of it. Why does it matter to you?

Plus, like MRC said. Sometimes it's fun to buy records that you haven't heard. It's a great surprise if you like it. And if you don't, it's nice to know there are people out there who will take it off your hands. I've liked what I've heard from this record, but that doesn't mean I'm going to love every song and play it all the time. If it ends up just sitting on the shelf and taking up space after a few listens, why not pass it along for sale or trade? I'm not talking about people who open it, check the color and go right to ebay and the boards to flip. I'm talking about people who take a chance on a record, give it a few listens and then make an educated decision if they want to keep it in their collection or not.

i agree with your statement. however doing that sure does fuck a lot of people over that really love the album, and dont want to leave it sit and gather dust.

if no one did that everyone would have time to listen to the record and decide whether they want it on color.

im ad blocking the new ad. sorta disappointed this board got ads... i guess you have to pay for it somehow (im sure ppl would've donated!)

I wanted the color version for my collection, not for monetary reasons. It's true that ultimately it doesn't matter the color you get, but if you have a collection going, like most people do with certain bands, it sucks when you miss out.

i was talking about the people who say meh @ strung out but still order it anyways

How could someone say meh about that strung out LP? that shit is almost perfect.

i've heard good things so i just decided to pick it up. i bought the propagandhi repress without even really remembering what they sound like, and i love it, and spin that shit all the time, so i figured i might as well give the strung out LP a try.

Guest baseball
i was talking about the people who say meh @ strung out but still order it anyways

I don't know if that was directed at me because I said something like worst case scenario I'm stuck with an album that'll be worth more than $8. All I said is that I don't remember if I liked the album but I like some of their other stuff, so that seems like a reasonable justification to take a chance on a record. As if anyone really needs to justify why they buy a record to begin with.

I really don't understand the whining about stuff like this though. How can anyone on here really believe they're more entitled to an album than someone else. Gimme a break.

i like how people have intense discussions like this when these things come up and everyone is defending themselves....yet one or two months later, we've got -- for instance -- at least a half dozen people looking to shift their colored mfagg singles without hesitation.

How could someone say meh about that strung out LP? that shit is almost perfect.

Strung Out is so underrated. That band fucking tears it up on every damn album. Was so stoked to see a SO album finally on the Fat classis reissue series. Im hoping they do Twisted By Design or STWB as part of this series also. Would love to see their new album released on 2XLP....gatefold cover! Who's with me?