My OOP song email group idea...

nickmango

Ok I have this idea for an email group, but I don't exactly know how much interest there is for something like this. If there's a good amount, I will manage, run, and give it a good platform for it to succeed on.

The idea is this...everyone posts an email address, preferably a new one from gmail cause they have no limit, and using your regular email address would be dumb when you here the idea. Everyone on this list, once a week, maybe sunday morning or something, emails an OOP song, that was only released on vinyl, from an obscure band, to everyone on the list. Obviously you need to have the capability to rip vinyl to be a part of this. When you send the email with the song, you write the band, name of song, and the vinyl info like album/size ETC. It's basically like an exposer to new music idea. Sounds like a lot of work to email it to everyone, but I can manage the list of email address fairly easy. Then I can send a mass email out, and all of them will be on there. Then you attach the song to a reply, put the info in, and send it out. It will go to everyone. you can see now why a new email address here would benefit you greatly.

Some rules I think are important to follow. Is it has to be OOP, it has to be vinyl, and you or anyone else, can only send one song from the album. Meaning if another dude sends a song from Empire Falls - the lines have been drawn...then no one else can send a song from this 7". Not that anyone would, cause I don't think anyone bought this 7" but me ahah. But there lies the beauty in this. I have stacks of 7"s I know no one has heard. And I bet a lot of other people do too. Local bands that you saw play a few shows and broke up. I love these bands, and I want to hear them all.

we could also do demo tapes or demo cds. But I think vinyl is really the best move here.

Well let me know what you think. It's a pretty simple idea. If I see enough interest, I'll make a new email address and post it in here. You guys do the same and send me an email so I know who's on the list...and bam we have something I don't think anyone has ever tried before.

this idea already exists, it's called "The official B-side/rarity/demo MP3-sharing thread" and i can't see your system/idea working better than this.

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=etc&action=display&thread=7156

ok this is pretty cool. Looks like it's been around a while too. My idea was a little simpler with just one song replies. But if everyone says this thread works better, I have a bunch of cool stuff I could post on it. Definitely. Thanks duff