The Pains of Being Pure At Heart LP

yeah yeah i know, pitchfork Brooklyn hype band blah blah blah... :)

i know its not gaslight (cheap shot) but you guys should get into it if you are at all into MBV, or psychocandy era Jesus and Mary Chain.

i got mine in the mail today.. $8 well spent.

http://www.myspace.com/thepainsofbeingpureatheart

• 2 years later...

Major Bump.

I went to a listening party for Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Belong at the Echo in Los Angeles on Monday and they had five copies of this:

[image]

Apparently this is a test pressing (1 of 150 or less) that they screenprinted and sent out to various record stores around the country. I was pretty stoked to score a copy for $20.

whats everyone think of the new album so far?

nothing has really caught on yet, and im still apprehensive about the first 35 seconds, but it feels pretty strong after 3 or 4 listens.

Major Bump.

I went to a listening party for Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Belong at the Echo in Los Angeles on Monday and they had five copies of this:

[image]

Apparently this is a test pressing (1 of 150 or less) that they screenprinted and sent out to various record stores around the country. I was pretty stoked to score a copy for $20.

I'm always confused by bands who make more than 15 test presses. They're definitely not listening to 150 copies of the record to make sure it's good, and there's going to be little (i.e. no) variation between the records. My copy of "Black Tape" by the Explosion is apparently a test press, of which they made 300.

They had a PO for their new album that was pressed on white. Super bummed it sold out. This band is excellent. I've seen them play with Surfer Blood summer of last year. Great show. The only heard one song off of their new album and it reminded me of early Smashing Pumpkins. Their self titled is a really good pop album.