Deathwish Inc. Test Presses on eBay

troymess

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i need that Cursed LP. so much stuff in there i'd love to own but that's what i'm going after.

I got that for $30 last year in a much overlooked ebay auction. I'm curious to see how much that goes for now.

The Pulling Teeth Witches Sabbath test is the only thing I'm particularly interested in, but pretty much everything in there is worth watching.

i need that Cursed LP. so much stuff in there i'd love to own but that's what i'm going after.

I got that for $30 last year in a much overlooked ebay auction. I'm curious to see how much that goes for now.

The Pulling Teeth Witches Sabbath test is the only thing I'm particularly interested in, but pretty much everything in there is worth watching.

I got the white one for just over that.

None of you guys have a problem with a label doing this? I have no problem at all with a label selling its test presses, but they are auctioning off vinyl that they should have sold through their mailorder at its original price.

About a month ago I tried to place an order off their website when they put up some OOP records. My order went through, but I got an email a few hours later letting me know 2 of the 3 records I ordered were out of stock. Now I see them selling them up on ebay hoping to get more money?

Im sure most of you feel better giving the label the cash rather than some record flipper, but whats stopping a label from pressing only 100 copies of a color but holding 50 of them back to sell on ebay later?

No conspiracy, we offered a variety of found rare releases through the Estore and you missed out, it happens.

This is our 4th annual eBay auction for Deathwish/Malfunction.

With ALL of our releases we keep a good amount for ourselves that are not offered to the public. These copies are for our personal use, to give to friends, etc. After awhile, we usually realize that we have far too many personal copies of an OOP release. Sometimes we put them back on the Estore near regular price, other times we hold off and add them to a future auction.

Your assumption that they are held for any other purpose than for our own in-house collection, is simply incorrect.

Thanks to everyone who has bid so far, it is appreciated.

-J.

None of you guys have a problem with a label doing this? I have no problem at all with a label selling its test presses, but they are auctioning off vinyl that they should have sold through their mailorder at its original price.

About a month ago I tried to place an order off their website when they put up some OOP records. My order went through, but I got an email a few hours later letting me know 2 of the 3 records I ordered were out of stock. Now I see them selling them up on ebay hoping to get more money?

Im sure most of you feel better giving the label the cash rather than some record flipper, but whats stopping a label from pressing only 100 copies of a color but holding 50 of them back to sell on ebay later?

That's capitalism. Don't like it move to North Korea and live without electricity half the year.

Putting out records is not a cheap enterprise, so if they need to sell stuff off and can make some money doing it good for them. I can assure you, Tre and Jake aren't getting rich selling test presses on ebay.

That's capitalism. Don't like it move to North Korea and live without electricity half the year.

Putting out records is not a cheap enterprise, so if they need to sell stuff off and can make some money doing it good for them. I can assure you, Tre and Jake aren't getting rich selling test presses on ebay.

I think you missed my point. And is name dropping really necessary?

No conspiracy, we offered a variety of found rare releases through the Estore and you missed out, it happens.

This is our 4th annual eBay auction for Deathwish/Malfunction.

With ALL of our releases we keep a good amount for ourselves that are not offered to the public. These copies are for our personal use, to give to friends, etc. After awhile, we usually realize that we have far too many personal copies of an OOP release. Sometimes we put them back on the Estore near regular price, other times we hold off and add them to a future auction.

Your assumption that they are held for any other purpose than for our own in-house collection, is simply incorrect.

Thanks to everyone who has bid so far, it is appreciated.

-J.

Crossing my fingers that one day, Killing The Dream - Fractures in other variants, beside the blue one, or any other KTD records, will show up..

Understood.

Insinuating on the internet is easily misconstrued as truth.

No worries.

If labels did that:

They would be idiots for not respecting their customers/supporters. Most independent labels are ran by standup people, with a good sense of ethical business practices. I would say this ethical line is what keeps many from doing such a thing.

Thanks.

-J.

Yes, we save records. We put multiple copies of everything aside, in our closet. We have done 4 eBay auctions since starting, and have absolutely no problem with it. We trade records with friends, give them away to friends, give them away to people in our bands, give them away to people who stop by the office and ask "Hey, do you have _____ on _____?" etc. Sometimes we put some records aside, and a couple months later we realize that we have none left, even for ourselves, and our personal collections. Sometimes we put aside 20 copies of a record for friends and whatnot, and a year later, there are 19 copies left. What then?

As far as getting rich goes... god I fucking hope so...

We have so many records coming out this year and those cost a lot to do...

We have so many records coming out this year and those cost a lot to do...

This is a great way to fund upcoming label projects. Hopefully some older, more sought-out records on the Deathwish imprint will see the light of day as a result of these auctions.

Plus, I'm stoked on the 108 test.