Mike Hale For Those Still Standing/In the Red tour

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

Punknews.org is proud to present a new feature from Suburban Home's Mike Hale (Gunmoll, In The Red) called "For Those Still Standing". Mike packed up his belongings, moved out of his apartment, and committed himself to literally living as a touring musician. For the next while, Mike is going to be checking in to share his experiences. Mike Hale had this to say:

My name is Mike Hale. I'm 34 years old, and today was the last day of my life. I packed up my tools with a little extra care at the end of my work day today. Who knows when they'll be used again. Did i mention that I'm a carpenter / was a carpenter?

That's kind of the problem. Ive been wanting a different life for so long. I cant' remember a time when i wasn't wishing for it.

I play guitar and sing a little too. That, also being part of the problem. it's all I've ever wanted to do. so much so, that everyday, I spend almost every minute day-dreaming about it........

Gave my boss notice, sold my truck, have a safe place to store all my personal shit. I'm going on tour... full time. By full time I mean that from now on my occupation will solely consist of playing music. I will either be touring on my own or with In The Red. I'm leaving this life behind.

His first post should be up this afternoon. We are really proud of Mike and really excited for him, too. We urge everyone to read his posts on Punknews and support him and his band, In the Red, whenever possible. We will be sure to let you know as each column is posted. Speaking of In the Red, the band starts a tour tonight in Ventura. Here are the tour dates:

2/25/2009 Ventura, CA @ Nicholby’s Tavern

2/26/2009 San Jose, CA @ The Caravan

2/27/2009 Berkeley, CA @ Gilman st

2/28/2009 Colorado Springs, CO @ Triple Nickel Tavern

3/1/2009 Denver, CO @ Three Kings Tavern

3/3/2009 Chicago, IL @ The Subterranean

3/4/2009 Lansing, MI @ Mac’s Bar

3/5/2009 Toronto, Ontario @ The Smiling Buddha

3/6/2009 Ottawa @ TBA

3/7/2009 Montreal @ TBA

3/8/2009 Montreal, Quebec @ Quai Des Brumes

3/9/2009 Hallowell, ME @ Higher Ground Coffee House

3/10/2009 New York City, NY @ The Cameo

3/11/2009 Washington, DC @ The Red and Black Bar

3/12/2009 Richmond, VA @ Nara Sushi

3/13/2009 Carrboro, VA @ The Reservoir

3/14/2009 Charlotte, SC @ The Milestone

3/15/2009 Gainesville, FL @ Keith’s House

3/16/2009 Gainesville, FL @ Dirty Nelly’s

3/18/2009 San Antonio, TX @ TBA

3/20/2009 Phoenix, AZ @ Jugheads

[image]

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=1&sku=sh119

So is there going to be a page for all of these updates or are we going to have to check the punknews site and look through pages and pages of updates? I'm really hoping for a dedicated page with an RSS feed at the very least. hmmmm

stoked though, can't wait for him to make his way up to the pacific northwest

really excited for this show. In The Red will be playing with For.The.Win. Wolves and theives and a few others that night.

why wont he have vinyl @ gilman??? you should ship 20 copies to asian man and i'll take them to him. ;)

I am so stupid. I could have just had the band pick up copies. shit. Let me see what I can do.

So is there going to be a page for all of these updates or are we going to have to check the punknews site and look through pages and pages of updates? I'm really hoping for a dedicated page with an RSS feed at the very least. hmmmm

do you follow the vc rss feed? If so, I will make sure to announce each new post.

do you follow the vc rss feed? If so, I will make sure to announce each new post.

I follow on twitter, so yeah. I don't check my feed reader often enough, lol

I follow on twitter, so yeah. I don't check my feed reader often enough, lol

we will post when he does alerting people about the post.

really excited for this show. In The Red will be playing with For.The.Win. Wolves and theives and a few others that night.

why wont he have vinyl @ gilman??? you should ship 20 copies to asian man and i'll take them to him. ;)

actually worked it out so that Mike picks them up at Pirates press. Hell yeah!!!

actually worked it out so that Mike picks them up at Pirates press. Hell yeah!!!

nice!!! virgil your the man! i'll be sure to update from my end on this show. i'll even do a video or 2 and post it on here.