PO: TERA MELOS Drugs LP/Idioms 7" starting 3/23

From the inbox, bolding added by me:

Tera Melos will be on tour all of March, including two shows down at SXSW. In February the band released a new covers EP entitled Idioms Vol I that is available for free download at www.teramelosmusic.com. Featuring 5 great tracks from The Pixies, The Beach Boys, The Clash, Rivers Cuomo and Polaris – yes they covered Hey Sandy – all in under 8 minutes in a style only Tera Melos could do with such panache.

The band has spent all of February in Los Angeles writing their next full length album, slated for release through Sargent House sometime toward the end of 2009. In addition, Tera Melos has remixed and re-mastered their album Drugs to the Dear Youth and Sargent House will be putting it out on vinyl in time for their April Tour. Pre-sale for this and the Idioms Vol I 7”inch will be going on sale the week of March 23rd.

yeah i would really like to see s/t pressed though. moreso than a Drugs re press. lets all be honest though TM is going downhill. new material won't be that great because now that vince is gone there is nobody to tell Nick Reinhart to cut back on all the mediocre indie stylings. take the project he was doing with zach hill, bygones: i mean yeah it was pretty cool, and yeah it was pretty technical, but at the end of the day it sounded like a decent indie/hella that lacked any real original "umph". i mean the thing that was so great about s/t and drugs to the dear youth is that it is just so inventive. i think the long ambient sections on drugs are honestly some of the most beautiful instrumental music laid to tape, and that whole EP is pretty much perfect. the split was great too, and had some awesome moments, but i think thats because they still had Vince behind the kit to make sure everything is quality. Nick Reinhart is one of my favorite guitar players, and they might suprise me, but in all honestly i'm not real optimistic about a future for TM. i hate to be the guy who is yelling "they suck now that they are big!!" but ever since the band has been gaining momentum(touring with FOT etc) their material has really taken a turn downhill.

/rant

I don't like how they added vocals to the split.

i haven't heard the split but i was pretty bummed when i found out they had vocals. when i went to see them last year with the fall of troy we were waiting in line and i go "what band is playing the singer sucks" and the kid in front of me goes "uhh some band called tera melos or something". i was really confused because i had seen them a few years before (i think with fot on that tour too) and they didn't have vocals and they were the shit. i was so bummed the whole set because it was no where near as good as the first time i had seen them.

anyone feel the same way?

I don't like how they added vocals to the split.

i haven't heard the split but i was pretty bummed when i found out they had vocals. when i went to see them last year with the fall of troy we were waiting in line and i go "what band is playing the singer sucks" and the kid in front of me goes "uhh some band called tera melos or something". i was really confused because i had seen them a few years before (i think with fot on that tour too) and they didn't have vocals and they were the shit. i was so bummed the whole set because it was no where near as good as the first time i had seen them.

anyone feel the same way?

i think the material with their split with vocals is still pretty awesome, but yeah, i think the entire tera melos fanbase wishes jeff worms was still in the band and they were instrumental.