Opinion? Darkest Hour,Silverstein,Streetlight Mani

Guest admin1338560633

I think the reason the the rarer Victory exclusive colour of SLM is still available is because by the time they put them up on their website alot of people had already ordered a copy of the least rare colour from VC (remember there was a huge delay between VC posting PO and these actually getting pressed). I think if you couple this with the fact the average SLM fan (or maybe just average person) has problems with the way Victory goes about its bussiness a lot of people settled for a single copy from elsewhere (even though this still means money going to Victory). Personally I think if VC managed to sell 300 copies of SLM's weaker album 400 isn't a risk with regards to EGN. I think the same 300 people who bought from VC before will again and probably a few more people will pick up EGN due to it being a better album.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty much with everyone else here that 400 of anything but the Streetlight record might leave you saddled with unsellable stuff. However, I'll add one point:

If signing on for all three of these improves your relationship with Tony to the point where you'll get exclusive colors of the good records (Full Collapse, Tell All Your Friends, etc.) down the road, it might not be a bad investment to have 320 unsellable Silverstein records. Could you turn around and sell those copies to a distro or direct to stores or would that be a violation of your contract? How hilarious would it be if Victory couldn't get their color in stores because you already sold your "exclusive" color to them! Of course, that'd kill the relationship-building but still...

Not that i am pro most of these band (would buy SLM) but maybe those Victory exclusives are still sitting there from the last batch cause most people wont order directly from them cause they A. Hate Tony and Victory, or B. they don't offer dirty cheap shipping like VC does!

Don't underestimate this. Seriously, a lot of people won't buy victory stuff on principle.