You know how the second part of a triology...

A lot of these aren't really the second in a trilogy. They in no way planned a third terminator when they made the second.

Others are much more episodic, where each is a story. I think the Star Wars is the best one and maybe Back to the Future, in terms of part of a complete three part series and not sucking and even parts of Empire Strikes back was a bit whack.

yeah but Back to the Future was never originally meant to be a trilogy.

Zemeckis only signed on to do the sequels(and cartoon) to maintain a quality level on a project he was proud of. He said that on the commentary of one of the dvds, they were going to be made with or without him, so he decided to do direct them to make sure things didn't get fucked up in the process.

...Basically just serves to set up the third one? There's no real resolution, nothing is really solved, you basically have to get the next movie or be left wondering forever. I fucking hate that.

Why does Half-Life do that with literally every fucking one of their games?

if half life kept making more and more games i would be a happy person, the 1st and 2nd were incredible, and im almost done with ep 1