Skateboarding help

Guest errolwest

What's the best way to get a snapped king pin out of my trucks?

if the kingpin snapped, couldn't you just take the truck off and pull it out of either end. it's only being held in by bushings and a nut. if the kingpin broke, it should be able to replaced rather easily. personally i'd just go buy a new truck..

Guest errolwest
Get another kingpin and a mallet. Put the new king pin on the back of the old one and bang that shit out. A little WD-40 will help.

thanks man!

Get another kingpin and a mallet. Put the new king pin on the back of the old one and bang that shit out. A little WD-40 will help.

just like the good ol' days.. well replacing kingpins..

speaking of i might be getting back into skating.. but damn, the last time i skated, the decks were about 10" wide.. not 8" or 7"..haha. Anyone recommend some decent boards. i won't be skating to do tricks like i use to.. i had some major crashes that left my left knee pretty fucked up, so i won't be trying to fuck myself up again..

just like the good ol' days.. well replacing kingpins..

speaking of i might be getting back into skating.. but damn, the last time i skated, the decks were about 10" wide.. not 8" or 7"..haha. Anyone recommend some decent boards. i won't be skating to do tricks like i use to.. i had some major crashes that left my left knee pretty fucked up, so i won't be trying to fuck myself up again..

I just started up again after about 3 years of not skating because of terrible ankles. I'm using an Enjoi deck and I like it, I hate big decks so it's a 7.6"

how much unnecessary time do you guys think was spent to paint those ramps so they look like brick?

They change the paint all the time. The transitions used to have loads of multi-coloured butterflies and grass sprayed all over which looked great.

The "brick job" looks crap, but it will be different soon. I might take some paint down and make them look better sometime this summer.