Portland Or record store visit

Guest genericinsight

I'm going to Portland at the end of the month. My friend who lives out there tells me he goes record shopping very often and always finds good shit. I'm so psyched!

Glad to hear you had a good time in Portland. I love it here. I seriously need to check out mississippi records...feels like it's the only store I haven't tracked down yet. Everyday Music on burnside downtown and on NE 20th and Sandy blvd also has a decent sized used and new sections.

Did you make it out to the Rogue, Widmer or Bridgeport Breweries or pubs?

Glad to hear you had a good time in Portland. I love it here. I seriously need to check out mississippi records...feels like it's the only store I haven't tracked down yet. Everyday Music on burnside downtown and on NE 20th and Sandy blvd also has a decent sized used and new sections.

we went to a brewery in the pearl. i dont drink but my girlfriend does and she had local beers everywhere we went. She had a raseberry beer at the kennedy school she said was the best she had ever had.

Thanks!

we went to a brewery in the pearl. i dont drink but my girlfriend does and she had local beers everywhere we went. She had a raseberry beer at the kennedy school she said was the best she had ever had.

Thanks!

I know Rogue's bar is on like 14th and Everett, a few blocks north of the Crystal Ballroom (right next to I-405). I think Bridgeport has one off of 11th maybe a block or two north of the Powell's Bookstore if you went there (singing Elvis on the corner everyday and just up the block from Jackpot). I love McMenamin's Kennedy School. Check out McMenamin's Edgefield out in Troutdale if you ever come back. Same stuff, but scenic and has a miniature par 3 golf course.

PS your myspace profile has the same picture as the one in my sig, nice.

my close girl friend lives in eugene.

any store in eugene ?

Yes, CD World out in west Eugene on West 11th St. has a new and used section of vinyl. You can actually check their daily used arrivals of vinyl and cds on their website, as well as search by band for any and all media they carry. http://www.gotocdworld.com/

House Of Records on like 13th and Ferry or High St. Pretty large section of indie with smaller room for hip hop and punk in the back. I found Quicksand's manic compression, lifetime's background music, promise ring's wood/water 10", and Interpol's turn on the bright lights for about $10 each. http://www.myspace.com/the_house_of_records

I found the Descendents milo goes to college original pressing and Grade's ..and such is progress at CD/Game Exchange on 11th and Willamette St downtown across from the bus station. Mostly used crap, but occasional gem.

If she's up for a drive, Ranch Records in Salem (hour), McMinnville (hour 15min) and Bend (2-3hours) are probably the closest large stores other than the ones in Portland.

thanks steviewonderbread.

i plan for visit her but i'm not sure when i can go....

:)

I assume your friend goes to the University of Oregon (my alma mater) and probably lives in the Riley dormitory (it's the international dorm). I had some good times there as a freshman visiting people in that dorm.

Way to rep Portland.

Green Noise and Discourage are tops. 2nd avenue is cool, but only cause I work there (kidding, though I do really work there). I still firmly stand behind my feelings that Portland is the best city for record shopping, hands down.

Next time you're in town make sure to hit up Exhiled records on Hawthorne. TONS of great stuff. Most weird, art punk/rock, phsyche shit but it's all ohh soo good.

i only made it to 2nd ave when me and the wife went up there a couple years ago.

i didn't think much of that place and the guy working there seemed like kind of a douche.

next time i'll have to hit up those other joints...

2nd ave. has a lot of good shit, but you're right. The people that work there really seem...odd, douche-y, and/or would rather be anywhere else in the world than work there sometimes. Always my last option when I go out looking for something.

thanks steviewonderbread.

i plan for visit her but i'm not sure when i can go....

I assume your friend goes to the University of Oregon (my alma mater) and probably lives in the Riley dormitory (it's the international dorm). I had some good times there as a freshman visiting people in that dorm.

yes, she studies in university of oregon....