photo critique me!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the waterfall is right up from the furnace, maybe 75-100 yards upstream. it's near franklin/oil city/emlenton if you know where those places are. that place is one of my favorites to go. the tunnel is actually like 1/4 of a mile downhill from there, and the arches are a couple miles away from all that stuff. venango county has some amazing stuff and it's almost all in great shape. clarion county was mostly stripped and it shitty now.

Great concept!

I'd watch those shadows though - they look over-saturated and unnatural.

yeah, im not sure why that came out like that, because it didn't look like that on my screen when i did it.

i've been having problems with the adobe rgb vs srgb and all sorts of stuff having to do with displaying my photos on the internet.

• 2 weeks later...

do you give them any direction on what clothes/shoes/flops to wear, or do you just say "photo shoot tomorrow, come as you'd like to look".

there are some REALLY bad choices going on here.

believe me, i know.

here's the story: the guitarist contacted me to do promos a couple months ago when they were first getting together.

i told him my rates, he said that was cool and theyd have to get the money together.

then he texted me last week saying he was sorry but they didnt have the money.

i'm a sucker and i just love taking pictures period, so i told him that in exchange for a spot on their top friends, some advertising on their page, and a ticket to their first show, i'd do it for them.

i shot those pics right before their set at their first show, so it was pretty impromptu and i gave them zero wardrobe direction.

even if i had, they probably would have forgotten and worn whatever anyways, haha.

they've already gotten me one band on a referral who will actually pay, so thus far the doing it for practically free thing is paying off.

oh, and i asked the one dude to take his backpack off and he more or less refused to for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got back from a month long stay in India.

[image]

Triund in the Himalayas (10K feet above sealevel). Best weekend of my life.

[image]

More Triund.

[image]

Monk in Dharamsala.

[image]

More Triund.

[image]

Child monk at Monastery in Bir.

[image]

My teacher with some children at a local village school in Delhi.

[image]

Prayer flags at a nunnery on top of a mountain in Tso Pema.

[image]

Throwing prayer flags on Buddha day on Triund.

[image]

Taj Mahal view from the mosque next to it. Place was lame.

[image]

More children at that local school in Delhi.

[image]

Clouds on Triund near the glacier. It was another 3 miles from the top of Triund to get there.