photo critique me!

thanks guys about the panoramic ones. i have a few new ones up from another furnace, a different railroad tunnel, and an abandoned brick factory. the brick factory was sweet as hell, but made me sick since we went in the middle of a monsoon. haha. there's another old factory nearby that place i want to go to sometime now that i know for certain it's abandoned.

and jonny, yes that is "the trestle". actually it's one of only a few still standing in the area. most of them have been ripped out, like the concrete pillars before the tunnel. fucking lawyers had to ruin anything fun. it's rather scary if it's windy at all, since you're like 200 ft above a shallow river on a narrow series of rotted wood and rusted metal. even on a perfectly calm day it's not the best thing to cross. you need to constantly watch your footing. the black spot about halfway out there was actually where some genius lit a campfire on it. :o the day i went was very overcast, that's why the sky was white. i can't wait til fall to go back and get a few from there.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh i've thought that with the new camera my pics look about 10000% better. only complaint i have with it is that sometimes the panoramic is a bitch, like yesterday when i went to the huge falls like 6 miles from my house. about none of those pics came out very good. i think knowing what settings and zoom is a big part of it too, that shitty old one i had was like one of the first digital camera's and didn't have anything like that really.

some newer ones:

Brick Factory:

[image]

[image]

[image]

Buchanan Furnace:

[image]

[image]

i think you should guide her about posting a little bit.

and i think your set up is better.

no reason. it's just feeling....

thanks, Yu!

I don't really give much direction to anyone I'm taking pictures of because I like things to not seem so stiff and posed, but yeah I need to learn to give at least some direction haha.

me too.

but don't give a direction.

just ask your model what's he always pose.

my trip when i wanna take pic of someone in natural post.

i will countdwon 5-4-3-2-1 (not thursday song. i dislike a city by light divide)

but i will push a button on 3 or 2.

that is....

:)

heh i've thought that with the new camera my pics look about 10000% better. only complaint i have with it is that sometimes the panoramic is a bitch, like yesterday when i went to the huge falls like 6 miles from my house. about none of those pics came out very good. i think knowing what settings and zoom is a big part of it too, that shitty old one i had was like one of the first digital camera's and didn't have anything like that really.

some newer ones:

Brick Factory:

[image]

[image]

[image]

Buchanan Furnace:

[image]

[image]

i like those pics.

i think some can inspire me for work my product design....

:)

we totally need to get together and go on a photo excursion in nepa!

i live in NWPA, so if you're ever around there get ahold of me. i'll be in NEPA june 19th-21st it looks like, mainly for the Menzingers 7" release show with the Copyrights on the 20th. i'm planning on going to Concrete City and the Ashley Coal Breaker while i'm out there, and looks like the 20th i'm going to be free til the show since my friend i'm staying with had a family reunion that day.

i live in NWPA, so if you're ever around there get ahold of me. i'll be in NEPA june 19th-21st it looks like, mainly for the Menzingers 7" release show with the Copyrights on the 20th. i'm planning on going to Concrete City and the Ashley Coal Breaker while i'm out there, and looks like the 20th i'm going to be free til the show since my friend i'm staying with had a family reunion that day.

sweet we should totally hang; i dont think i have anything going on that day!

[image]

[image]

new camera, new pics from today on flickr. really like how they came out. also pics from recent hikes and shit are on there too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thoughtcrime13/

I did this panoramic on my honeymoon in Puerto Rico:

[image]

And this pano of the band Harvard was approx 35 shots combined - a full 360 degrees turned pano:

[image]

I haven't done any other ones since I sold my tripod

St Charles brick factory:

[image]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thoughtcrime13/3562094048/

the main building of the factory.

[image]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thoughtcrime13/3561289881/

the loading dock and a building on it full of massive metal gears and machinery, ranging from 2-5 feet in height

[image]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thoughtcrime13/3561294799/

close up of the wood on the loading dock, it was crumbling. probably will not be left in another couple years.

[image]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thoughtcrime13/3561304813/

this is a old platform that would be loaded and raised up to the loading dock by the railroad on a 45 degree angle. this one was intact, one right beside it was smashed to bits.

[image]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thoughtcrime13/3561317937/

the beehive ovens at this factory, as you can see they haven't been used in 5-10 years most likely since they have trees starting to grow out of the roofs.

this one is from the Climax Brick Factory:

[image]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thoughtcrime13/3561544983/

went back on a much nicer day, and really liked how this picture came out. all my pics are always strait from the camera as well, i don't mess with photoshopping stuff at all, so this is what it really looked like. climbed through the tower's remains, and there's not much in it. found a metal stairwell that was stable for 2 stories, then the 3rd was in really bad shape. the building is leaning bad and all the floorboards are rotted away. still lots of cool old machinery that's been sitting out for 50+ years though.

edit: proboards sucks. those links didn't work. so i put the url to the pics below them, should be able to go there for the larger images.

• 2 weeks later...