a-side plays fine, b-side doesn't! what do i do!

so i got a record in the mail yesterday (waxwing - nobody can take what everybody owns) and i was just playing it today because i didn't have time last night. ANYWAY. the a-side plays perfectly, it sounds great. the b-side, however, sounds warped as shit. it warbles. the pitch changes. it weirded me out after the a-side played perfectly. being the concerned parent i am, i brought it down to my neighbor's apartment and said "hey, chris. mind if i test this out on your record player?" "no problem james!" he said. the b-side sounded perfect! then, i brought it back up to my place and was spinning it on my record player and the b-side sounded fucked up again!

does anyone know what's going on?

turntable a side b side
mine + -
neighbor + +

hope that diagram helped...

so i got a record in the mail yesterday (waxwing - nobody can take what everybody owns) and i was just playing it today because i didn't have time last night. ANYWAY. the a-side plays perfectly, it sounds great. the b-side, however, sounds warped as shit. it warbles. the pitch changes. it weirded me out after the a-side played perfectly. being the concerned parent i am, i brought it down to my neighbor's apartment and said "hey, chris. mind if i test this out on your record player?" "no problem james!" he said. the b-side sounded perfect! then, i brought it back up to my place and was spinning it on my record player and the b-side sounded fucked up again!

does anyone know what's going on?

................aside..................bside

:

:

mine..........+........................ -

:

:

neighbor.....+........................+

hope that diagram helped...

turntable a side b side
mine + -
neighbor + +