Lollapalooza 2009!

Guest falloutcollapse

A little tip of advice that I didn't learn until later and a huge thanks to Justin...

USE CHICAGO'S PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION!

It's awesome.

Cab ride from the airport for 2 people: $45

Train ride to the airport for 2 people: $4

It's insanely easy to sneak stuff into Lolla. I took a book bag a blanket, put some vodka in a water bottle and put it inside the blanket. They never checked!

CTA fair is $2.25 now per ride ;)

A little tip of advice that I didn't learn until later and a huge thanks to Justin...

It's awesome.

It's insanely easy to sneak stuff into Lolla. I took a book bag a blanket, put some vodka in a water bottle and put it inside the blanket. They never checked!

Not to mention it takes 2 hours to drive the 6-8 miles from the airport to downtown... man, what is up with that traffic?!

Plus, I've never had such a good time on public transportation with total strangers.

It's awesome.

CTA fair is $2.25 now per ride ;)

Ugh, now I can't afford to go!!! Haha, I LOVE THE CTA!

Seriously, come to PGH and ride our public transportation, you'll stab yourself.

Guest falloutcollapse

I think I'm going to just get up there early every day and ride the Metra back home every night. Does Perry's have an age limit?

I've never seen the appeal for lolla. Paying a shitload of money to hang out with 100000 sweaty people doesn't do it for me. The only band I ever considered buying a ticket to see was bloc party last year and luckily they ended up playing the after party so I paid a fraction of the cost to see a 3x longer set.

Best Chicago music festival was Intonation in '06, too bad I was nowhere near CHI for that one.