Another whinge about shipping

Ordered this AFI remix vinyl off GEMM about 3 weeks ago from a seller in Germany. Picked it up today, only to find that he sent it in brown paper, and the sleeve was bent to shit and torn. I emailed him and told him to start using LP mailers, and to ask if he'd give me a refund.

People's stupidity continues to amaze me.

[image]

[image]

[image]

Why is it that people continue to ship records without mailers/bubble wrap/common sense? Shipping costs me an arm and a leg already, I can't afford insurance and tracking on everything I order.

You'll have to excuse my crap photos (I wasn't in the mood for trying).

Ouch! It blows my mind to see shit like this. It's happened to be as well. I just don't understand how some so-called record/vinyl sellers are not knowledgeable in how to properly ship records.

I was originally under the suspicion that he might have been a cd store that just happened to get hold of a record, but it appears that he has a number of records, so I think he's just an idiot who doesn't know how to ship them.

Ouch. Sorry to hear / see. Why does it say "picture" in the middle of the last 2 pics though?

so nobody else except him will use those pics.

you know, using the bubble wrap isn't always that easy anyway. it's quite thick and mailers are not big enoygh tocontain a record wrapped up in the bubble wrap.

Guest scriptedrain
you know, using the bubble wrap isn't always that easy anyway. it's quite thick and mailers are not big enoygh tocontain a record wrapped up in the bubble wrap.

Get a bigger mailer. Bubble wrap fits easily in all the ones I've received.

I only use bubble wrap if I have it lying around from a record I received and usually it's just a 12-inch square that I but on one side with carboard on the other. I use cardboard and that works just fine.

As long as you use an LP mailer, or, worst case scenario, a bubble mailer with the LP encased in cardboard, you're fine.

i specifically requested to an ebay seller who i bought Binaural from (and you guys know how much those Pearl Jam records go for) to wrap the corners in bubble wrap to protect them during shipping. He did post the record in a proper mailer, but no bubble wrapped corners and alas, 3 of the corners arrived bent. The album was described as Mint at sale.

Never got a response from the fecker when i emailed him, reminding him of what i requested.

I actually get a little annoyed when ebay buyers make specific shipping requests. I've shipped hundreds of records without incident.

If corners get dinged, the odds that bubble wrap will protect it are slim. Corners get dinged from the force put on the mailer itself, which also pushed in the bubble wrap. If a piece of carboard the same size as the jacket, or a tiny bit bigger, is used, the force on the corners of the mailer will hit the cardboard and save the jacket.