He Is Legend "It Hates You"

He Is Legend is releasing their first full length since 2006, Image Anonymous is set to press the release on vinyl through Tragic Hero Records. Demos of the new material is posted at the He Is Legend myspace.

http://www.imageanonymous.com/

http://www.myspace.com/tragicherorecords

http://www.myspace.com/heislegend

here i'll say it for everyone:

i am hollywood is the only thing worth putting on vinyl

i'm a huge fan of suck out the poison as well. so i would love to see both. but then again, why bother having something on vinyl that was first released on cd

Why? To throw more money into a collection! Duh.

Um.

Just because something was released on CD first doesn't mean it was recorded digitally. I'm 99% sure mewithoutYou's first album was recorded on tape and not pressed on vinyl until recently, and surely there are numerous examples of albums recorded in analog and not immediately pressed. It's still a relevant format for recording, it's not just for bands who care about that 'warm sound' or whatever.

Still dumb. It's not all about audio quality. Some of us like records just for the sake of records.

Is that your deciding factor on everything? You have to research the recording to determine the appropriate format to choose.

Plus, digital recording is now done at a higher sampling rate than CDs can handle, so technically, even if it were recorded digitally, the vinyl version could still have higher quality.

if it was recorded digitally, what is the point of having it on vinyl is what i'm saying

99% of music today is recorded digitally. Being recorded digitally or analog has nothing to do with how the vinyl will sound.

then why do people always make a fuss about things sounding better analog? maybe i'm just confused

99% of music today is recorded digitally. Being recorded digitally or analog has nothing to do with how the vinyl will sound.

then why do people always make a fuss about things sounding better analog? maybe i'm just confused

Recordings can sound better on an analog format because it has the capability to capture a higher frequency range than a cd or mp3. The larger frequency range is usually negated though with compression in the mixing and mastering stages. Both digital and analog recording can handle frequencies that the human ear can't even hear.

Vinyl also has a "warmer" sound, although the warmth is actually just the imperfections in the record.

Analog does not always equal better sounding. It's mostly personal preference.

It's 2009 and this band still has relevance? It's the same brang brang shitty southern rock wannabe hardcore that kids with multicolored hair listen to.

Also, this being my first post, don't be an idiot and shit on me for it. It's the difference between good and bad music.

I shit on you for this. What the fuck does it being your first post have anything to do with it?

Wtf is "brang brang"? You suck. Welcome to the board.

Recordings can sound better on an analog format because it has the capability to capture a higher frequency range than a cd or mp3. The larger frequency range is usually negated though with compression in the mixing and mastering stages. Both digital and analog recording can handle frequencies that the human ear can't even hear.

Vinyl also has a "warmer" sound, although the warmth is actually just the imperfections in the record.

Analog does not always equal better sounding. It's mostly personal preference.

alright well that makes a lot more sense; thanks for clearing it up for me!

• 2 years later...
It's 2009 and this band still has relevance? It's the same brang brang shitty southern rock wannabe hardcore that kids with multicolored hair listen to.

Also, this being my first post, don't be an idiot and shit on me for it. It's the difference between good and bad music.

this is my first post, so go fuck yourself you dumb piece of earless crap =).