Loved Ones Distractions Question

Here's the deal. I ordered two copies. I opened one and left the other sealed. I sold the sealed copy on ebay for a whopping 9.99. No biggie there. Anyway, the buyer claims it is black. I know at this point my hands are tied because I never looked at it but I just didn't think black was even available right off the bat.

Here's the deal. I ordered two copies. I opened one and left the other sealed. I sold the sealed copy on ebay for a whopping 9.99. No biggie there. Anyway, the buyer claims it is black. I know at this point my hands are tied because I never looked at it but I just didn't think black was even available right off the bat.

that's kind of weird, usually they won't limit you to one colored copy unless they specifically say that. However its not completely unheard of.

that's kind of weird, usually they won't limit you to one colored copy unless they specifically say that. However its not completely unheard of.

For a while with LPs it's been one colored one black. I'd imagine it became clear people were just throwing them on eBay.

as others have said, they've been doing one colour and one black for a long time but sometimes they do it, sometimes they don't. I don't think they ever really guarantee coloured vinyl anyway. Gimme Gimmes record last year for example the black got mixed in with coloured. For the Cuban Ballerina LP, they originally only had it on black and clear was made available a few weeks after the initial release.

First of all, thanks for the feedback. I feel really bad about my mistake and I should have known better. This was my reply to the buyer. I think I made two fair offers:

I completely apologize! I made a bad assumption about the record. I thought about it and I have two proposals. You can send it back and I will refund your full payment plus the cost to ship it back or I will refund you $2 and you keep the record. I hope one of these options work for you. Again, I am really sorry about my mistake.

First of all, thanks for the feedback. I feel really bad about my mistake and I should have known better. This was my reply to the buyer. I think I made two fair offers:

I completely apologize! I made a bad assumption about the record. I thought about it and I have two proposals. You can send it back and I will refund your full payment plus the cost to ship it back or I will refund you $2 and you keep the record. I hope one of these options work for you. Again, I am really sorry about my mistake.

That is def a good response bro should work out ok...............and for the record I really like Build and Burn but this release I think sucked balls really seems like no effort was put into it at all.

the e.p. is a collection of outtakes from the Keep Your Heart and Build & Burn recording sessions. granted, not much effort was put into it but they were on tour for most of 2008 when Build & Burn was released so they didn't have time to record a new album. i'm sure this was a "this is something to tide you over until the next record" release. would you have rather they didn't release anything at all?