Turntable questions

i just recently got an old kenwood receiver and an audio source EQ. Im using a set of speakers that were my dads.. but the only thing that isn't quite up to par is my turntable. (or lack of a descent one) I'm using one of those box ones with the speakers already in it. I'm wondering if that is the reason that it doesn't sound quite as good as i would like it, or if there is anything else i could do to improve this.

This???

[image]

They sell that at Target.

[image]

It's USB and they have a pretty cheap one that looks the same that's not USB. Sorry this isn't helpful to the first post, I was just kind of blown away by how identical the old and new ones are.

http://www.target.com/Crosley-Archiver-USB-Turntable-CR6001A-PA/dp/B001N2ZVJY/sr=1-6/qid=1241474767/ref=sr_1_6/191-0371652-8737318?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Aturntable&page=1

I'm not sure if I understand your question 100%, but this is the answer that comes to my mind:

It doesn't sound good because it's made entirely of poor quality components. I'm not sure where you live, but if you have a decent hi-fi store in your town, I recommend going in there and asking some questions. You can find stereo components of a much higher quality for not too much money.